Discussion Board

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Super Contributor

Re: Unable to install .sis file signed with Dev Cert

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail617 View Post
    I can certainly do that but I don't think it will tell us anything relevant to this problem since all my other sis files were self-signed and successfully installed using the same tools and phones I am using now (except DevCert). Deductive reasoning tells me that this problem is either specific to my latest app or to the OpenSigned Offline process so I am not sure what would be the point of signing and installing some other random .sis file. Do you agree?
    Might not be a problem with OpenSigned Offline as just couple of hours back i generated certificate that works fine with it. Can you again tell us what exact error you are getting.

Regular Contributor

I am getting "Certificate error. Please contact the application supplier"

When I sign my .sis using the OpenSigned Offline method, is it supposed to generate a .sisx file? because that is currently not happening and it just generates a .sis even though I can see in the console that the last step is 'invoking signsis' and I'm not getting any errors during the build process.

Quote Originally Posted by skumar_rao View Post
    Might not be a problem with OpenSigned Offline as just couple of hours back i generated certificate that works fine with it. Can you again tell us what exact error you are getting.

Super Contributor

Can you let us know the steps you are following to get the "OpenSigned Offline" sis /sisx file

Regular Contributor

ok, here are the steps:

1) Get TrustCenter security certificate and key
    2) Run DevCertRequest_2.3, fill in all the required info and generate a csr file
    3) Upload the csr file to symbiansigned
    4) Download the cer file from symbiansigned
    5) In CarbideC++, under project properties > build configurations select Phone Release (GCCE) and for 'SIS Builder'/'SIS Properties' select PKG file "CallMode_EKA2.pkg" and select "Sign sis file with certificate/key pair" and point to "tc.key" and "CallMode.cer"
    6) Build Project which generates .sis file
    7) Attempt to install file to Nokia E51 via PC Suite

That's about it... I don't think I missed anything...

Can you let us know the steps you are following to get the "OpenSigned Offline" sis /sisx file

Nokia Developer Champion

The strange thing I find is your signsis does not work properly. It should not display that "File I/O fault..." error.

I am really not sure what to offer but if you have some other SDK installed then can you try making it default and then try executing signsis -o yourDevCert.sisx ?

You can also try that command with any self-signed sisx file which you might have created with Carbide.c++.
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team

Super Contributor

ok, here are the steps:

1) Get TrustCenter security certificate and key
    2) Run DevCertRequest_2.3, fill in all the required info and generate a csr file
    3) Upload the csr file to symbiansigned
    4) Download the cer file from symbiansigned
    5) In CarbideC++, under project properties > build configurations select Phone Release (GCCE) and for 'SIS Builder'/'SIS Properties' select PKG file "CallMode_EKA2.pkg" and select "Sign sis file with certificate/key pair" and point to "tc.key" and "CallMode.cer"
    6) Build Project which generates .sis file
    7) Attempt to install file to Nokia E51 via PC Suite

That's about it... I don't think I missed anything...
    Can you try doing it manually signing it.

Regular Contributor

I get the "file I/O fault, cannot open CallMode_EKA2.sis."

Super Contributor

might be that your sis file has not created at all and never signed too.

can you show us total content of console window of your carbide.c++.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Note that these are not magic runes, if there is no such file as "CallMode_EKA2.sis" in the current folder, signsis will not be able to open it. Are you executing this command from a cmd.exe window? If yes, consider issue a dir command, and check what files you have there.

Regular Contributor

here is the log from the console window:

***Building project "CallMode" for configuration "Phone Release (GCCE) [S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1]"

***Printing environment variables modified from default:
    PATH=C:\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\epoc32\tools;C:\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\epoc32\gcc\bin;C:/Program Files/Nokia/Carbide.c++ v2.3/jre/bin/client;C:/Program Files/Nokia/Carbide.c++ v2.3/jre/bin;C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\;C:\Program Files\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v2.3\x86Build\Symbian_Tools\Command_Line_Tools;C:\Perl\bin\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem;C:\Program Files\MATLAB71\bin\win32;C:\HTSOFT\PIC18\BIN;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Teleca Shared;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symbian\tools;C:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\bin
    =::=::\
    EPOCROOT=\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\
    NO_DEPENDENCIES=-nd
    MAKE=make -j 4

Working Directory: C:/Symbian/Carbide/workspace/CallMode/group

***Makefile structures up to date. Skipping 'bldmake bldfiles'

***Invoking abld command
    perl.exe -S ABLD.PL \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\CallMode\group\ export
    make -r -f "\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\CallMode\group\EXPORT.make" EXPORT VERBOSE=-s
    Nothing to do

Total Time: 0 sec

***Invoking abld command
    perl.exe -S ABLD.PL \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\CallMode\group\ library gcce
    make -r -f "\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\CallMode\group\GCCE.make" LIBRARY VERBOSE=-s
    make -s -r -f "\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\CallMode\group\CALLMODE\GCCE\CALLMODE.GCCE" LIBRARY

Total Time: 0 sec

***Invoking abld command
    perl.exe -S ABLD.PL \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\CallMode\group\ resource gcce urel
    make -r -f "\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\CallMode\group\GCCE.make" RESOURCE CFG=UREL VERBOSE=-s
    make -s -r -f "\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\CallMode\group\CALLMODE\GCCE\CALLMODE.GCCE" RESOURCEUREL

Creating \s60\devices\s60_3rd_fp2_sdk_v1.1\epoc32\build\symbian\carbide\workspace\callmode\group\callmode\gcce\urel

Total Time: 1 sec

***Invoking abld command
    perl.exe -S ABLD.PL \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\CallMode\group\ target gcce urel
    make -r -f "\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\CallMode\group\GCCE.make" TARGET CFG=UREL VERBOSE=-s
    In file included from /S60/devices/S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1/epoc32/include/fbs.h:12,
    from /S60/devices/S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1/epoc32/include/bitdev.h:9,
    from /S60/devices/S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1/epoc32/include/w32std.h:13,
    from /S60/devices/S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1/epoc32/include/coecntrl.h:11,
    from /S60/devices/S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1/epoc32/include/eikbctrl.h:23,
    from /S60/devices/S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1/epoc32/include/eikmenup.h:10,
    from /Symbian/Carbide/workspace/CallMode/src/callmode.cpp:16:
    /S60/devices/S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1/epoc32/include/bitmap.h: In member function `TBool CBitwiseBitmap::TSettings::IsDirtyBitmap() const':
    /S60/devices/S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1/epoc32/include/bitmap.h:359: warning: enumeral mismatch in conditional expression: `TTrue' vs `TFalse'
    In file included from /Symbian/Carbide/workspace/CallMode/src/callmode.cpp:16:
    /S60/devices/S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1/epoc32/include/eikmenup.h: In member function `TBool CEikMenuPaneItem::IsScaleableText(const TDesC&) const':
    /S60/devices/S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1/epoc32/include/eikmenup.h:242: warning: enumeral mismatch in conditional expression: `TFalse' vs `TTrue'
    In file included from /Symbian/Carbide/workspace/CallMode/src/callmode.cpp:24:
    /S60/devices/S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1/epoc32/include/cntitem.h: At global scope:
    /S60/devices/S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1/epoc32/include/cntitem.h:194: warning: `CContactDatabase' is already a friend of `CContactItem'
    /Symbian/Carbide/workspace/CallMode/src/callmode.cpp: In function `void MainL()':
    /Symbian/Carbide/workspace/CallMode/src/callmode.cpp:60: warning: 'contact_db' might be used uninitialized in this function
    /Symbian/Carbide/workspace/CallMode/src/callmode.cpp:229:39: warning: "/*" within comment
    /Symbian/Carbide/workspace/CallMode/src/callmode.cpp:261:104: warning: "/*" within comment
    /Symbian/Carbide/workspace/CallMode/src/callmode.cpp: At global scope:
    /Symbian/Carbide/workspace/CallMode/src/callmode.cpp:38: warning: 'void WriteToFile(const TDesC8&)' defined but not used
    make -j 4 -s -r -f "\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\CallMode\group\CALLMODE\GCCE\CALLMODE.GCCE" UREL
    callmode.cpp

Total Time: 4 sec

***Invoking abld command
    perl.exe -S ABLD.PL \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\CallMode\group\ final gcce urel
    make -r -f "\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\CallMode\group\GCCE.make" FINAL CFG=UREL VERBOSE=-s

Total Time: 4 sec

***Invoking abld command
    perl.exe -S ABLD.PL \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\CallMode\group\ test export
    make -r -f "\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\CallMode\group\EXPORTtest.make" EXPORT VERBOSE=-s
    Nothing to do

Total Time: 5 sec

***Build Complete

***Invoking makesis.exe ....
    C:\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\epoc32\tools\makesis.exe C:\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\epoc32\build\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\CallMode\group\_resolvedCallMode_EKA2.pkg C:\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\CallMode\sis\CallMode_EKA2.sis

***Invoking signsis.exe....
    C:\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\epoc32\tools\signsis.exe -s C:\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\CallMode\sis\CallMode_EKA2.sis C:\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\CallMode\sis\CallMode_EKA2 "C:\Documents and Settings\Loco\Desktop\SymbianSigned\CallMode.cer" "C:\Documents and Settings\Loco\Desktop\SymbianSigned\TC-ConvertP12\tc.key" naccitec

***SIS Creation Complete

Total Time: 5 sec

might be that your sis file has not created at all and never signed too.

can you show us total content of console window of your carbide.c++.

Regular Contributor

You're right, I'm sorry I was in the wrong directory... when executing 'signsis -o' command from the correct directory I get message "No primary signatures."

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    Note that these are not magic runes, if there is no such file as "CallMode_EKA2.sis" in the current folder, signsis will not be able to open it. Are you executing this command from a cmd.exe window? If yes, consider issue a dir command, and check what files you have there.

Super Contributor

can you put the cer & key file in a folder with out spaces and try again by pointing those.

also i missed

Regular Contributor

Ok, I moved the cer/key files to the sis directory of my project and tried executing the following from cmd:

signsis CallMode_EKA2.sis CallMode.cer tc.key password

and got the following:

encryption error, Cannot read tc.key

What does that mean?

Super Contributor

Ok, I moved the cer/key files to the sis directory of my project and tried executing the following from cmd:

signsis CallMode_EKA2.sis CallMode.cer tc.key password

and got the following:

encryption error, Cannot read tc.key

What does that mean?
    that means the sign sis can't read that file. make sure you have that file in same folder asCallMode_EKA2.sis and use command
    Code:
    signsis -s CallMode_EKA2.sis CallMode_EKA2.sisx CallMode.cer tc.key password

Regular Contributor

It worked!

Thanks, you guys never let me down

that means the sign sis can't read that file. make sure you have that file in same folder asCallMode_EKA2.sis and use command
    Code:
    signsis -s CallMode_EKA2.sis CallMode_EKA2.sisx CallMode.cer tc.key password