Discussion Board

Question Can i Execute my application in background while patformRequest() is under execution?

Hi guys,

Can i Execute my application in background while patformRequest() is under execution?
    I want once the platform request completes its execution, my application should come foreground.
    Is there any way that i can implement the same..???
    Regards
    Nilanchala

Re: Can i Execute my application in background while patformRequest() is under execut

Hi,

Go through this post it will helps in solving your problem

http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...nd-S40-mobiles

Super Contributor

Re: Can i Execute my application in background while patformRequest() is under execut

hey I guess what bhanu has suggested will work for you....just adding to that this method return boolean which states that whether your app can handle the call to the method or not.If this return you the false then you need not to exit the app else you must...

for your information some newer S40 devices handles the call itself and you need not exit the app....
    Thanks with Regards,

R a j - The K e r n e l

Join Delhi-NCR Nokia Developer's Community,

Quote Originally Posted by nilanchalapanigrahy View Post
    Hi guys,

Can i Execute my application in background while patformRequest() is under execution?
    I want once the platform request completes its execution, my application should come foreground.
    Is there any way that i can implement the same..???
    Can i Execute my application in background while patformRequest() is under execution? -- YES if platformRequest() returns false.
    else if it Returns:true if the MIDlet suite MUST first exit before the content can be fetched. So on S60 you can do it like this.

Is there any way that i can implement the same..??? ---> this can be done, if you app can get a notification from the server that this browser session has completed its task with success, it can get back to foreground by calling display.setCurrent(its displayable). -- -Example - you went in a platformRequest() for some kind of authentication after which your client app can access some Social Network using your credentials - you app goes in background and start trying to authenticate to the service after every 1 sec... and the user is pushed to browser for authentication - allow - your app to use the service... one he has done with it - your app will able to login and get itself to foreground.
    Thanks,
    Ekta