Discussion Board

Question How to resolve network connectivity without using Qt Mobility?

It seems that Ovi Store, at least for paid apps, is not using a repository and therefore cannot install dependencies. So how can you resolve network connectivity in way that satisfies the requirements of the QA team and does not use Qt Mobility (or any other library that is not included with PR1.2)? Is this even possible?

Cheers

Super Contributor

Re: How to resolve network connectivity without using Qt Mobility?

As you probably have heard that many times, currently the most realistic case is statically include Qt Mobility (and it's dependencies as well) into your application. This will lead to huge binary and additional problems with support. I hope better solution will be found soon.

Quote Originally Posted by divanov View Post
    As you probably have heard that many times, currently the most realistic case is statically include Qt Mobility (and it's dependencies as well) into your application. This will lead to huge binary and additional problems with support. I hope better solution will be found soon.
    The problem is that I've tried to found out how to do that and I still don't know. Is there an example I could follow to do just that? Or do you suggest that I should wait for a better solution? And do you have any idea how long that could be?

I wrote today to Ovi Support and suggested to them that I could make a simplified version of my app which does not include Qt Mobility. It would only detect if the connection is present or not, and if not it would prompt the user to manually connect. I'm still waiting for their reply if this is good enough for their QA team. At least this would be possibly without using Qt Mobility.

But I really hope that Ovi Store would start to use a proper repository soon even for paid apps.

Cheers

Super Contributor

As Marius correctly pointed static inclusion is actually violating LGPL, but I don't think Nokia will sue you for this. There is nothing wrong with Ovi Store, the problem is in Hildon Application Manager.