Discussion Board

Deployment process in Eclipse?

Hi all
    I was searching around about deployment process with eclipse but there is nothing special or there isn't any good explanation.
    I want to deploy an application and I've three classes in one package.When i install it on my mobile phone it shows me three classes.What i want to know is how to make a single file that will open application and how to set Icon.I've to mention that ICON for application is a serious problem that im preoccupied too.How to set it and what's the best format?! .Im using Eclipse Helios as IDE.
    Thanks for your efforts

Super Contributor

Re: Deployment process in Eclipse?

Here is an article on Creating your first MIDlet using EclipseME

Regads
    Gopal

I've just followed these steps but again when i install applicaton on mobile phone there are three classes there.Writing and running JMUnit tests,and what about ICON.?!

Super Contributor

I cant understand - where are the 3 classes ? Are you packaging your MIDlet as a JAR and JAD files ? Are you installing the JAR/JAD file to the device ?

The icon file needs to be inside the JAR and its name should be defined in JAD&Manifest file.

Regards
    Gopal

Let me to explain more about this.In my package(ex. com.data) i have three class,one of them is main class(Book) and two others are just helping classes (ex. im using GetSetInformations and one for XmlNodes).So when i go to develop package it works well and through USB im installing it in my mobile phone (Nokia E61).When i install it instead of showing only main class name that is application luncher(Book in this case) there are and (GetSetInformations and XmlNodes). So how to bind all three classes in one?!I'll try to upload an image to see exactly what's happening there.
    There are three icons in my Installation folder inside mobile phone,for each class one icon.!
    Last edited by xmenus; 2010-07-22 at 23:23.

Quote Originally Posted by xmenus View Post
    Let me to explain more about this.In my package(ex. com.data) i have three class,one of them is main class(Book) and two others are just helping classes (ex. im using GetSetInormations and one for XmlNodes).So when i go to develop package it works well and through USB im installing it in my mobile phone (Nokia E61).When i install it instead of showing only main class name that is application luncher(Book in this case) there are and (GetSetInformations and XmlNodes). So how to bind all three classes in one?!I'll try to upload an image to see exactly what's happening there.
    There are three icons in my Installation folder inside mobile phone,for each class one icon.!
    It looks that all these 3 classes are Midlet class in themselves, so if you want only of them to be the main entry point of your application with icon on the device... do not extend Midlet in other classes.
    Thanks,
    Ekta

Thats' it Ekta thank you so much for you and balagopalks .This is solved but remained problem of Icon.Setting icon for application please...?I've seen this but nothing helpful, and i dont see(know) where is MANIFEST file!
    Click here to see an image
    Last edited by xmenus; 2010-07-22 at 22:55.

Here is solution for icon.Thanks to all again.