Discussion Board

Bluetooth on Qt. Cannot compile QBluetooth library

Hi guys. I'm quite new to Qt Develop.. my problem is i want develop an app with bluetooth support in Qt. Now, i tried compile Qbluetooth with Nokia Qt SDK but too much error and i cannot continue. Searched on the net now answer for this problem.

I think , after reading various post , Qtbluetooth is the only chance to communicate with Bt. Right ?

Now, i'm so confuse, Nokia Qt, Nokia Qt SDK, Carbide.c++ .... my god!

Can you help me to compile (which tools and which steps i need ) this project in the right way ?

Thanks,

Luca

Re: Bluetooth on Qt. Cannot compile QBluetooth library

I am afraid you cant use QBluetooth with Nokia Qt SDK. Nokia Qt SDK doesn't support native Symbian C++ which is needed to compile the QBluetooth. You can use instead the Qt for Symbian 4.6.3.

These are the steps that you have to take:

1. You will have to download and install a Symbian SDK, http://www.forum.nokia.com/Library/T.../Symbian_SDKs/
    2. Download and install Qt for Symbian 4.6.3
    3. Download and install Carbide++. (it can be done with Qt Creator but it is much more difficult)

4. Once you install it, open the program and specify the workspace. Bare in mind that the absolute path of your workspace MUST NOT contain any spaces. For example mine is "C:\Carbide\workspace". Now copy the project file there.

5. Go to "Window -> Preferences -> Qt", click on "Add..." button and specify the version of your Qt ( as you see you have to specify/select the "Bin" folder inside Qt 4.6.3 directory, if successful the "Include path" will be filled automatically ). Now you are ready to start programming for Qt.

6. In the "Project Explorer" tab on your left, right click somewhere and select "Import...". Go under "Qt -> Qt Project" and browse your computer to find the .pro file of the project. "C:\Carbide\workspace\QBluetooth_lib\QBluetooth\QBluetooth.pro" in my case. Next step you choose the Symbian SDK version and "Finish"!

7. Hopefully the project is created successfully. Select project configuration "Phone Debug (GCCE)" (do that from the arrow of the button next to the "Hammer Button"). Next go under "Project -> Freeze Exports" and if done successfully proceed building the library "Project -> Build Project".

Did it work?

Quote Originally Posted by favoritas37 View Post
    I am afraid you cant use QBluetooth with Nokia Qt SDK. Nokia Qt SDK doesn't support native Symbian C++ which is needed to compile the QBluetooth. You can use instead the Qt for Symbian 4.6.3.

These are the steps that you have to take:

1. You will have to download and install a Symbian SDK, http://www.forum.nokia.com/Library/T.../Symbian_SDKs/
    2. Download and install Qt for Symbian 4.6.3
    3. Download and install Carbide++. (it can be done with Qt Creator but it is much more difficult)

4. Once you install it, open the program and specify the workspace. Bare in mind that the absolute path of your workspace MUST NOT contain any spaces. For example mine is "C:\Carbide\workspace". Now copy the project file there.

5. Go to "Window -> Preferences -> Qt", click on "Add..." button and specify the version of your Qt ( as you see you have to specify/select the "Bin" folder inside Qt 4.6.3 directory, if successful the "Include path" will be filled automatically ). Now you are ready to start programming for Qt.

6. In the "Project Explorer" tab on your left, right click somewhere and select "Import...". Go under "Qt -> Qt Project" and browse your computer to find the .pro file of the project. "C:\Carbide\workspace\QBluetooth_lib\QBluetooth\QBluetooth.pro" in my case. Next step you choose the Symbian SDK version and "Finish"!

7. Hopefully the project is created successfully. Select project configuration "Phone Debug (GCCE)" (do that from the arrow of the button next to the "Hammer Button"). Next go under "Project -> Freeze Exports" and if done successfully proceed building the library "Project -> Build Project".

Did it work?
    Hi,

I've just following your tutorial to compile the QBluetooth library, but in Carbide when building, i've some error like:
    string: No such file or directory
    expected init-declaration before '<' token
    I've install this on my Windows Vista:
    - 3rd Edition, FP2 v1.1 (455 MB)
    - Bluetooth Engine API for 3rd Edition FP2
    - Qt for symbian 4.6.3 (ftp://ftp.qt.nokia.com/qt/source/qt-...urce-4.6.3.exe)
    - Carbide++ (http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n...119a2b4cb.html)

Can you please explain me where i've make a mistakes? And why you do not purpose to download directly the library (it's so much simply for all user want to use this library) ?

Thanks a lot, Fabrice
    Last edited by fkizewski; 2010-12-15 at 09:36. Reason: Formatting

I get's a error like:
    "BLDMAKE ERROR: Can't find "\Symbian....\BLD.INF"
    Please help me!

Super Contributor

Use this roadmap for installing your Carbide setup: http://developer.symbian.org/wiki/Us...tandalone_SDKs

(Be sure to print a hard copy of the page, since it may go away at the end of the year.)

Hi, I've tried follow your tutorial, but I've 3 error:
    "BLDMAKE ERROR: Can't find "\Symbian....\BLD.INF"
    bldmake returned with exit value = 1.
    Can you help me to compile.
    Thanks.

Hello tech.spvn.

Join to the discussion here or start a new one to be easier to help you:
    https://projects.forum.nokia.com/qbl...ussion/topic/8

Please reply with more information if possible (include bigger portion from the output).

Regards.
    Last edited by favoritas37; 2010-12-16 at 00:08. Reason: a small addition