Discussion Board

Helix Universal Basic Server

Has anybody managed to get .rm files streaming to a 3650 from Helix Universal Basic Server?

Files are streaming OK to PC based real player, have tried http link to RAM fiules and rtsp link straight to .rm files, result always the same.

Port = 6971,
    Firewall=open,
    Result = Unable to Connect to server

(3650 settings are OK, I can connect to and stream files from real.com)

Confused

Laurie

Regular Contributor
    Hi,

If you can stream to realplayer on pc, the server is working fine. Most likely reason is that some of the ports needed for rtsp streaming are blocked on operator side. --- check with your operator

Br
    zw/Forum Nokia

Also make sure your clip follows mobile streaming guideline, something like rv8, 20kbps, 7.5fps. You can find more information from www.realnetworks.com.

Hi Laurie,

I'm also Using Helix Universal Basic Server for Streaming Video..

I'm using J2ME MMAPI application for Video Streaming to Mobile. But I couldn't get it (but I can download and play video). I heard that Helix Uni. Basic Server can't be used for mobile streaming. As Helix server for Mobile is exclusively for Mobile.

If so please explain me in detail..Your timely help will be more appreciated.

Regards
    Ahmed

Regular Contributor
    Hi,

Do not have Helix server for test here. Can you check with Real on if Helix server Basic can stream to mobile.

On using J2ME MMAPI for streaming, can you test it using wap browsing and streaming. This will help to confirm that server side is ok and firewall is ok. Then look at J2ME API ...

Br
    zw/Forum Nokia

Hi,

Helix Universal Server - basic is able to stream .rm content to mobile players also. I just tried this my self and it worked without any problems.

So I would guess that the problems you have had could be in your operator's firewall.

Best Regards,
    Jori / Forum Nokia

Hi

What's the Video player you r using? Is't J2ME MMAPI Player or Real One Mobile Player or anyother than this? For time being I'm testing in the Emulator & also planned to test in Nokia 3650/7650 phones. Did u tried streaming MPEG or 3GPP files....

Best Wishes
    Ahmed

Hi,

I used Real One Mobile Player on Nokia 7650. Nokia 3650 and 6600 should work the same way. I didn't try any other formats than .rm.

Best Regards,
    Jori / Forum Nokia