Discussion Board

Forum unusable with a mobile phone (N95 & Opera Mobile)

Hello,

This weekend I tried using Forum.Nokia discussion with my N95 & Opera Mobile (in mobile mode) and found Forum Nokia completely unusable: way too heavy and too cluttered with menus and other things -- posts get hidden in all the secondary stuff. Of course, using the native N95 browser it would have been much worse.

It sort of seems tragic that the mobile user experience is so lacking on a Nokia site.

Lately, quite many sites have launched mobile versions of them. It should be obvious that Forum Nokia should have a mobile interface, but apparently it does not. Also, having an API and example UI's, perhaps implemented among others in Python, would showcase the potential of efficient usage of Web with modern phones.

(PS. As a matter of fact, the PC user experince is not so great either: plenty of clutter, selectible icons on the right and below of this field I'm typing in. A funny orphaned pair of FF and FB arrows.... I'm told that "You may post new threads" while I'm posting one, plenty of possibilities for tidying the page... )

Super Contributor

Re: Forum unusable with a mobile phone (N95 & Opera Mobile)

Hi,

Any website you are opening in PC and then in mobile, you will get the difference and not satisfied.
    The screen dimension change and the view also changed.
    But the phone you specified is N95 that is compatible for the mobile view in the screen.
    For the good mobie experience see the N-97 phone.
    This website has so many controls and clickable menu , So, in mobile view is very difficult to make.

Regards,
    Rahul

Nokia Developer Moderator

There is a mobile version of the website but I am not sure how frequently it is updated.

http://forumnokia.mobi/
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by croozeus View Post
    There is a mobile version of the website but I am not sure how frequently it is updated.

http://forumnokia.mobi/
    Many of these mobile version of original websites are done using optimizing tools such as Widian Mobile Express which 'relay' info from .com website to .mobi. So typically they are not updated manually but provide same info picked from the original website selected by the content extraction (cex).