Discussion Board

where is maemo 5 api and qt 4.6 header files in latest Maemo SDK image

Hi All,
    I install the latest Maemo 5 SDK Karmic desktop image from http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/maemo-d...-downloads.php. After struggling with probleoms for open vmware tools installation and other scratchbox confiuration, I can run Qt hello world sample in ESBOX.
    But the issues arise when I dig into programming through Qt and Maemo API.
    1. Where is Qt header files in scratchbox? I see following in ESBOX include path setting:
    Code:
    /scratchbox/users/maemo/targets/FREMANTLE_X86/usr/include/qt4
    /scratchbox/users/maemo/targets/FREMANTLE_X86/usr/include/qt4/QtCore
    /scratchbox/users/maemo/targets/FREMANTLE_X86/usr/include/qt4/QtGui
    I check these folders and can't find them in the Freemantle_X86 folder ever! But I check with

Code:
    apt-get install libqt4-gui
    It tells that the latest libqt4-gui has been installed in scratchbox. So where is the header file that libqt4-gui?

2. I follow the examples in "Qt for Maemo Developer's Guide v0.5 Beta"http://www.forum.nokia.com/piazza/wi..._v0_5_Beta.pdf. I choose the simple LIBCITYINFO example in Chapter 5 "Using Maemo APIs in Qt applications". I check the .pro files:
    Code:
    TEMPLATE = app
    TARGET =
    DEPENDPATH += .
    INCLUDEPATH += . /usr/include/glib-2.0/glib /usr/include/glib-2.0/ /usr/lib/glib-2.0/include
    LIBS += -lcityinfo0 -lglib-2.0
    # Input
    HEADERS += QCityInfoWidget.h
    SOURCES += main.cpp QCityInfoWidget.cpp
    In scratchbox I can find glib-2.0/glib folder. But can't glib-2.0/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include. Nor the header file "cityinfo.h". Obviously the compiling fails.

I search for the issues and can't find very clear resolution. Can anyone help? Thanks.

regards,
    pigling

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: where is maemo 5 api and qt 4.6 header files in latest Maemo SDK image

Are you talking about this libcityinfo example?
    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...fo_Example.zip
    .pro there is using pkg-config. To be able to compile example you need to install
    libqt4-dev, libcityinfo-dev and libglib2.0-dev
    You can do it with commands:
    Code:
    apt-get update
    fakeroot apt-get install libqt4-dev libcityinfo-dev libglib2.0-dev
    Last edited by divanov; 2010-07-25 at 16:28.

Thanks divanov,
    It seems that the header include file folders will be updated after the above commands in scracthbox. No idea why this happens. But now the header file folders are in the correct place.
    There is another quesion. I have checeked the example link you showed and it says Qt Mobility API already embedded in firmware version 10.2010.19-1(PR1.2). Does it mean that I could use Qt native APIs for something like bibcityinfo and liblocation in Maemo SDK? Or in other words can I just use Nokia Qt SDK 1.0 through whole developing process without digging into Maemo SDK issues? If so, it will save me a lot of time for doing configuration in scratchbox within Maemo SDK.
    Thanks.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by pigling View Post
    It seems that the header include file folders will be updated after the above commands in scracthbox. No idea why this happens.
    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/li.../l-debpkg.html

I have checeked the example link you showed and it says Qt Mobility API already embedded in firmware version 10.2010.19-1(PR1.2).
    This not true, Qt Mobility is not part of firmware.

Does it mean that I could use Qt native APIs for something like bibcityinfo and liblocation in Maemo SDK?
    libcityinfo and liblocation are neither Qt nor Qt Mobility API, but you can use them with Maemo SDK.

Or in other words can I just use Nokia Qt SDK 1.0 through whole developing process without digging into Maemo SDK issues?
    No, in Nokia Qt SDK you cannot use libcityinfo and liblocation. It contains only Qt and Qt Mobility.