Discussion Board

Nokia Qt SDK QtCreator can not start Emulator

I have the Nokia Qt SDK 1.0 installed on Gentoo (with qt-4.6.3 already installed in my PATH) . I can build Maemo Simulator targets without error but when I try to run or debug them from QtCreator I get the following error messages: (It was working with one of the pre-release versions of the SDK)

when clicking run:
    Code:
    Starting /home/tc/NokiaQtSDK/Examples/4.6/widgets/digitalclock-build-simulator/digitalclock...
    QWidget::metric: Invalid metric command
    /home/tc/NokiaQtSDK/Examples/4.6/widgets/digitalclock-build-simulator/digitalclock: symbol lookup error: /home/tc/NokiaQtSDK/Examples/4.6/widgets/digitalclock-build-simulator/digitalclock: undefined symbol: _ZN7QWidget4showEv
    /home/tc/NokiaQtSDK/Examples/4.6/widgets/digitalclock-build-simulator/digitalclock exited with code 127
    when clicking debug:
    Code:
    &"warning: GDB: Failed to set controlling terminal: Invalid argument\n"
    Qt: gdb: -nograb added to command-line options.
    	 Use the -dograb option to enforce grabbing.
    QWidget::metric: Invalid metric command
    /home/tc/NokiaQtSDK/Examples/4.6/widgets/digitalclock-build-simulator/digitalclock: symbol lookup error: /home/tc/NokiaQtSDK/Examples/4.6/widgets/digitalclock-build-simulator/digitalclock: undefined symbol: _ZN7QWidget4showEv
    and the simulator does not start.

The strangest part is that if I run the produced executable directly from the "...-build-simulator" directory, the Maemo simulator starts and the program runs fine within the simulator.

Can this be an incorrect setting in qtcreator?
    Last edited by tcostigl; 2010-07-26 at 03:30. Reason: fixed incorrect references of "emulator" to "simulator"

Super Contributor

Re: Nokia Qt SDK QtCreator can not start Emulator

Re: Nokia Qt SDK QtCreator can not start Emulator

I have the same problem, qtcreator from Nokia QT SDK 1.0 is not able to start the Symbian simulator with said error message. I'm also on Gentoo, but the problem has been reported before on OpenSuse.

It seems that qtcreator sets LD_LIBRARY_PATH when started and passes that setting on to the simulator, which then tries to link against Qt libraries that come with qtcreator and fails. In theory, it should be possible to specify the environment for the simulator in the project settings, but for some reason that setting doesn't take effect. Even if I request a clean environment for running the simulator, it is still runs with the default environment, including LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Even worse, if I try to explicitly set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to something different in the project settings for the simulator, qtcreator just crashes.

As in the original post, I can run the executable from the console and the simulator works just fine.