Discussion Board

Nokia Developer Champion

OVI QA failed media for certificate error when they need to Sign application!!!

Ciao,

so here the 3rd message from OVI QA today for the 3 games I have submitted (a month agao) via the Nokia Publisher Beta Program:

"Comments from the QA team:
    Failed QA.
    ISSUE#1: SUMMARY: Application is not signed properly, the certificate is expired.
    STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
    1. Download the content
    2. Install the content.
    ACTUAL RESULTS: Error message is displayed on the screen: “Certificate error. Contact the application supplier”.
    EXPECTED RESULTS: The application should not display any error messages. All Java content submitted to Nokia must be certified through trusted foundations such as Java Verified and must obtain a signed certificate.
    NOTE: For more information regarding certificates, please see http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/OVI_Certificates. (public, Moderation pending -> Qa failed)

The file failed QA on the following target(s):

* Device: S60 3rd Edition FP2 - 240x320 - Nokia N96"

The funny thing is that all 3 apps are packaged into a sis and that Symbian Signed must be done by Nokia as part of the Nokia Publisher Beta Program. This is not the first time, emailed back and forth with OVI Support but again issue remain.

Is any way out of this loop since it's a month that this saga is going on?

Alessandro

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: OVI QA failed media for certificate error when they need to Sign application!!!

Dear Alessandro,

In order for us to better assist you, please provide your content item name and link to the Publisher Support Team at publishtoovi.support@nokia.com.

However, from the QA update, it appears that you have attempted to submit a Java application for signing (unless you had packaged your Java files into a .sis one instead. If this is the case, please inform us so we can notify the QA team on the mistake). Please note that Java Signing is currently unavailable and only Symbian signing is offered at this moment.

Best regards,
    OviAndrew
    Ovi Store Publisher Support
    http://publish.ovi.com

Promote your Ovi Store App on the web now!
    http://promotions.ovi.com/omt

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: OVI QA failed media for certificate error when they need to Sign application!!!

Ciao Andrew,

I already contacted OVI Support as soon as I got the email.
    What you are saying is not possible, first because I know what I am doing and second because I used Nokia tools for packaging my Flash Lite content.

When you say "QA update" is just the report from QA? Did they sign the sis file as it should have been?

Alessandro

Nokia Developer Champion

Ciao,

just to end this, all apps passed QA and waiting for publishing.
    I made no changes to the files and resubmitted them the same day I received the emails (first post).
    So to anyone that is in this situation, be patient !!!

Alessandro