Discussion Board

Super Contributor

Help! Fail to start push gateway

Posted by W L, a@a.com
    on February 07, 2002 at 16:07

I installed Nokia Activ Server 2.0.1 and Nokia Activ Alert 2.0.1. When I started the Nokia Activ Server, I could see in the console a line "Started Activ Alert Push Gateway". However in the Nokia Activ Server Manager I found that all "Start Push Gateway", "Stop Push Gateway", "Launch Push Manager" and "Start Push Initiator (example)" were transparent and not selectable in Settings-> Push, so I could not do anything with Push at all. I could not figure out the reason, please give me a help, thank you!

Super Contributor

RE: Help! Fail to start push gateway

Posted by Lars Ellmer, lars.ellmer@smsg.cc
    on February 15, 2002 at 12:32

Maybe its a stupid question, but did you install a bearer being able to used for Push messages. Push is utilizing the SMS technology so you can't use the UDP bearer for it. If you have a SMS bearer added to the server I am excusing myself for bothering you with that, if not then, for testing, buy a 6110/30 or 5110/30 and a DAU-9P cable from a mobile phone store and connect it to the server. Configure a new bearer using this phone. Basically then it should allow you to enable the functionalities as this push tool scans for a compatible bearer and can't initialize correctly if no proper bearer has been found.