Hi all,

I create a simple layout. Two buttons, a line edit and a QTextEdit. I have two problems with it.

1. if the QTextEdit is readonly:
I move focus to QTextEdit (with the DPad), press Select to be able to scroll -> the border changes from gray to white. I can now scroll through my text. After reading the text, I want to get out of the QTextEdit but I cannot. If I press Select, nothing happens; I would expect the border to go from white to gray, and to let me move the focus to another control.

2. if the QTextEdit is not readonly: then I move focus to the QTextEdit and the cursor jumps to the end of the text. The user has to scroll a lot up, to start reading the text from the beginning. I would expect the cursor to move to line 1 column 1, not end of text. Is this the desired behavior?

This problem manifests itself on Nokia E75 and I don't have any other devices for testing.
The QT version is 4.03, I think - it's the one from Nokia_Qt_SDK_Win_offline_v1_0_en.exe

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Here is the ui (sorry for the large copy/paste)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ui version="4.0">
<class>MainWindow</class>
<widget class="QMainWindow" name="MainWindow">
<property name="geometry">
<rect>
<x>0</x>
<y>0</y>
<width>360</width>
<height>350</height>
</rect>
</property>
<property name="windowTitle">
<string>MainWindow</string>
</property>
<widget class="QWidget" name="centralWidget">
<layout class="QVBoxLayout" name="verticalLayout">
<item>
<layout class="QHBoxLayout" name="horizontalLayout">
<item>
<widget class="QPushButton" name="pushButton">
<property name="text">
<string>P1</string>
</property>
</widget>
</item>
<item>
<widget class="QLineEdit" name="lineEdit"/>
</item>
<item>
<widget class="QPushButton" name="pushButton_2">
<property name="text">
<string>P2</string>
</property>
</widget>
</item>
</layout>
</item>
<item>
<widget class="QTextEdit" name="textEdit">
<property name="html">
<string>&lt;!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC &quot;-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0//EN&quot; &quot;http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/strict.dtd&quot;&gt;
&lt;html&gt;&lt;head&gt;&lt;meta name=&quot;qrichtext&quot; content=&quot;1&quot; /&gt;&lt;style type=&quot;text/css&quot;&gt;
p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }
&lt;/style&gt;&lt;/head&gt;&lt;body style=&quot; font-family:'MS Shell Dlg 2'; font-size:8.25pt; font-weight:400; font-style:normal;&quot;&gt;
&lt;p style=&quot; margin-top:0px; margin-bottom:0px; margin-left:0px; margin-right:0px; -qt-block-indent:0; text-indent:0px;&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot; font-size:8pt;&quot;&gt;some&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;p style=&quot;-qt-paragraph-type:empty; margin-top:0px; margin-bottom:0px; margin-left:0px; margin-right:0px; -qt-block-indent:0; text-indent:0px; font-size:8pt;&quot;&gt;&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;p style=&quot; margin-top:0px; margin-bottom:0px; margin-left:0px; margin-right:0px; -qt-block-indent:0; text-indent:0px;&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot; font-size:8pt; color:#ff5500;&quot;&gt;rich&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;p style=&quot;-qt-paragraph-type:empty; margin-top:0px; margin-bottom:0px; margin-left:0px; margin-right:0px; -qt-block-indent:0; text-indent:0px; font-size:8pt;&quot;&gt;&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;p style=&quot; margin-top:0px; margin-bottom:0px; margin-left:0px; margin-right:0px; -qt-block-indent:0; text-indent:0px;&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot; font-size:8pt;&quot;&gt;text&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;p style=&quot; margin-top:0px; margin-bottom:0px; margin-left:0px; margin-right:0px; -qt-block-indent:0; text-indent:0px;&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot; font-size:8pt;&quot;&gt;that&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;p style=&quot; margin-top:0px; margin-bottom:0px; margin-left:0px; margin-right:0px; -qt-block-indent:0; text-indent:0px;&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot; font-size:8pt; font-weight:600;&quot;&gt;spans&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;p style=&quot; margin-top:0px; margin-bottom:0px; margin-left:0px; margin-right:0px; -qt-block-indent:0; text-indent:0px;&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot; font-size:8pt;&quot;&gt;multiple&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;p style=&quot; margin-top:0px; margin-bottom:0px; margin-left:0px; margin-right:0px; -qt-block-indent:0; text-indent:0px;&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot; font-size:8pt; font-style:italic;&quot;&gt;lines&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;p style=&quot; margin-top:0px; margin-bottom:0px; margin-left:0px; margin-right:0px; -qt-block-indent:0; text-indent:0px;&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot; font-size:8pt;&quot;&gt;1&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;p style=&quot; margin-top:0px; margin-bottom:0px; margin-left:0px; margin-right:0px; -qt-block-indent:0; text-indent:0px;&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot; font-size:8pt;&quot;&gt;2&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;p style=&quot; margin-top:0px; margin-bottom:0px; margin-left:0px; margin-right:0px; -qt-block-indent:0; text-indent:0px;&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot; font-size:8pt;&quot;&gt;3&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;/body&gt;&lt;/html&gt;</string>
</property>
</widget>
</item>
</layout>
</widget>
</widget>
<layoutdefault spacing="6" margin="11"/>
<resources/>
<connections/>
</ui>

Here is the mainwindow.cpp

#include "mainwindow.h"
#include "ui_mainwindow.h"

MainWindow::MainWindow(QWidget *parent) :
QMainWindow(parent),
ui(new Ui::MainWindow)
{
ui->setupUi(this);

//ui->textEdit->setReadOnly(true);

//if the textEdit is readonly then
//i set focus to the textEdit, and press the select key - the border changes from gray to white
//i can now scroll through the textEdit
//problem is, i can no fonger move focus away from the editText.
//if i press the select button, the border remains white, and i can never get out of the editText

//if the textEdit is not readonly then
//on receive focus(textEdit), the cursor is set to the end of the text,
//so the user does not start reading from beginning, but rather from the end
}

MainWindow::~MainWindow()
{
delete ui;
}

void MainWindow::changeEvent(QEvent *e)
{
QMainWindow::changeEvent(e);
switch (e->type()) {