Discussion Board

Unhappy Qt UI issues on N8

I am facing 2 very nasty problems which I can't figure out. I am running the apps on N8.

1. My application consists of forms that are called based on different buttons pressed which are also part of the forms. Each form has the same background image which I have defined in each form's style sheet as follows:
    background-image: url(:/images/background.jpg);[this is a black image with white dots]
    background-position: left;
    background-repeat: repeat-xy;
    background-origin: content;
    Now when I move navigate thru the screens sometimes some of the screens show up in white background which I suspect happens because the background image does not get loaded. Kindly help me as to why this is happening and what should I do to get rid of this.

2. I am using QComboBox for selecting one option out of a list. Here, after I have selected an Item, when I click on the box the drop down list pops up with the check-box next to the item I selected but some other item is highlited. How do I get rid of this.? Can't use 'setCurrentindex()' as this emits 'currentIndexChanged()' signal and I am using the currentIndexChaged() to get he selected text from the list and update into the database.

The above problems don't appear on the Nokia Qt SDK simulator. They appear when I run the app on Nokia N8. Kindly help as I have spent a lot of time trying to resolve the above and have already slipped a milestone. I am using Nokia QT 4.6.2 and Symbian^3 SDK for building for N8.

Super Contributor

Re: Qt UI issues on N8

Images not getting loaded is a common sign of running out of heap. You can have the same heap leak on the simulator and not see the problem because of different heap limits.

will look into the code to find leaks.
    Last edited by syedzia5; 2010-07-28 at 07:08. Reason: by mistake reply for other thread pasted here

Nokia Developer Moderator

Also do remember that N8 is not commercially available, thus you should not discuss any technical or other features of it in any public place (inclusind any public parts of the Dibo) untill it is commercially available.