Discussion Board

How to connect my Nokia 5230 to internet using Bluetooth or usb?

Hello,

I'm in Belgium where GPRS is very expensive
    I would like to be able to connect my mobile (Nokia 5230) to internet without using the GPRS connection.
    The only option I can see, is to connect my mobile to my PC (which has an internet connection) via bluetooth or USB and share the pc internet connection with my mobile.
    How can I do that?

I would like to use OVI store but the only option is "Send to Mobile" It seems that it is not possible to download a file on the PC and then send it to the mobile . If I coudl share my PC internet connection with my mobile I will be in a position where I could use OVI store

Thanks in advance for your help

Alain P.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: How to connect my Nokia 5230 to internet using Bluetooth or usb?

Quote Originally Posted by philipina View Post
    Hello,

I'm in Belgium where GPRS is very expensive
    I would like to be able to connect my mobile (Nokia 5230) to internet without using the GPRS connection.
    The only option I can see, is to connect my mobile to my PC (which has an internet connection) via bluetooth or USB and share the pc internet connection with my mobile.
    How can I do that?

I would like to use OVI store but the only option is "Send to Mobile" It seems that it is not possible to download a file on the PC and then send it to the mobile . If I coudl share my PC internet connection with my mobile I will be in a position where I could use OVI store

Thanks in advance for your help

Alain P.
    Hi,

This discussion board caters to issues faced by developers. For end users issues and peer support please post your query in http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/

Good Luck!!

Divinópolis - Minas Gerais - Brazil.

certamente, porem este problema também deve ser discutido entre os desenvolvedores, sistemas utilizados pela Motorola, Samsung, entre outras, dispõem em sua tela inicial, quando o cabo USB e conectado, uma opção para o usuário possa conectar-se à internet, coisa que não acontece com os aparelhos da Nokia.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by redfoxgm View Post
    Divinópolis - Minas Gerais - Brazil.

certamente, porem este problema também deve ser discutido entre os desenvolvedores, sistemas utilizados pela Motorola, Samsung, entre outras, dispõem em sua tela inicial, quando o cabo USB e conectado, uma opção para o usuário possa conectar-se à internet, coisa que não acontece com os aparelhos da Nokia.
    Olá

Por favor, sigam o link acima.

Obrigado!

p.s.: Its always nice to post in English when posting unless you find your native language specific forum

Someone said: on your homescreen at the bottom there should be a line of options, one of them should be a world picture (browser) click on that and then search the site address of whatever you want. i hope that helps, i find that browser the best one x

etm said: I cannot access the internet as I can only make sos calls. the only way I can think is to download it from the internet, but where do I go for this download?
    Someone said: are you regesterd?

Someone said: HELP my bbm has ran out how do i get it back? x

I tried to connect to website Mekong tours and success
    Good luck