Discussion Board

Nokia 7650 support Bluetooth audio?

Hi,
    Is it possible to make the Nokia 7650 support Bluetooth audio?
    What is the true about this?
    Read answers below from diffrent people.
    When I bought this phone I thought "bluetooth on Nokia 7650 = I can use a bluetooth headset"......
    Anyone know about a solution please send me a Email to: ove@ojn.se

Best Regards,
    Ove

Some Answers:
    1) Is it possible to make the Nokia 7650 support Bluetooth audo?
    - I am fairly sure that this could be achieved with some kind of service pack from Nokia
    - I was told by my German supporter that Nokia installed the bluetooth technologie 1.1 just with the data-profile. So it should be possible to add an audio-profile.
    - It is technical no problem at all to integate this profile in the phone. in fact, a friend of mine works on a java app that will solve the problem with the BT-headset. But if anyone already has an application that works, please tell....

Oldenbeuving2

Nokia 7650 does not support Bluetooth audio.
    Is it possible to make the Nokia 7650 support Bluetooth audo? The Nokia 3650 does and these two are actually the same.

Report this post to Nokia as inappropriate |

01-01-1970 12:00 AM

ovjo12

RE: Nokia 7650 does not support Bluetooth audio.
    If it is true that Nokia can make the Nokia 7650 support Bluetooth audo, I Think NOKIA MUST DO THAT!!!!!!

When I bought this phone I thought "bluetooth on Nokia 7650 = I can use a bluetooth headset", perhaps wrong of me. If I have understand that I haven't bought the phone!!!!

seppo_fn
    Nokia Expert

Nokia 3650 and 7650 are both Series 60 devices. There are differences and one of them is that Nokia 3650 supports Bluetooth audio, Nokia 7650 does not.

For features of these phones, visit:
    http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,5184,2275,00.html
    http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,5184,815,00.html

There are also information on supported enhancements (such as headsets).

Seppo
    Forum Nokia

inteco

I am fairly sure that this could be achieved with some kind of service pack from Nokia, although it was Nokia who told me I could not connect to PC Suite with a 3Com BT adapter and guess what, I can so I am now not sure how technically gifted the support staff at Nokia are...

After all I was told the 7650 will never support Video although like many others my 7650 now shoots video with no problems - so i guess we will see what happens.

02-04-2003 08:16 AM

ctobias

I was told by my German supporter that Nokia installed the bluetooth technologie 1.1 just with the data-profile. So it should be possible to add an audio-profile. Thats what i think. They said they had left it because of the hands-free speaker. But everyone who uses a 7650 knows that this device is useless because it is simply not loud enough to do any good.

02-10-2003 01:29 PM

huntj11

did you find out if it is possible for the 7650 to support audio as I has bought a bluetooth headset only to disover that the good ol 7650 doesn't support audio (well hiden info Nokia...thanks!) ??

02-17-2003 03:18 PM

kai.2k

Seppo should know, that on the mentioned pages are NO information about the 7650 NOT supporting the audio profile. It is technical no problem at all to integate this profile in the phone. in fact, a friend of mine works on a java app that will solve the problem with the BT-headset. But if anyone already has an application that works, please tell....

04-06-2003 10:36 PM

insecta

The 3650 don't work very well with bluetooth... It's better don't have it if it must be so bad...

04-07-2003 12:11 AM