Discussion Board

how to sign my application

i designed a new application and would like to get info on how to protect it from all sorts of piracy and decompile.I would like to get info about software for signing applications where to get it and how to use it.I used Qt creator in designing the application and build it for sybian devices does this means that it will necessarilly work for all symbian devices or it is better to test it on each and every device.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: how to sign my application

basically signing in sense does not provide any priracy protection, signings can be taken out from SIS and the files inside the sis can be extracted and modified and re-packed. Then the re-packed would also need to be signed, and depending on the capabilities required for the executables, it could maybe be even self-signed.

For the testing, Basically you should test the application with at least the lead device for the platform version, i.e. usually the first device that was intruduced for the platform version, and if there are differences that might matter (like QWERTY keyboard for some apps), you should also test with devices that has different ways on working.