Discussion Board

Qt Creator Loses Symbian Target

Every so often, I'll load one of my projects to find that the Symbian target has disappeared, leaving only the Simulator target.

I can add it back in again via the Projects tab, but it is a bit of a pain, especially when using a customised build, as these settings are lost (e.g., I have to add the step to do the "make installer_sis" - on a related note I wonder why this isn't done as default...)

Unfortunately I've yet to spot any pattern on when this happens. Anyone else having this problem, or know of a fix? I've had this happen with several of my projects, so it isn't just to do with a single project. Thanks.

ETA: I'm using Qt Creator 2.0.0, with the Nokia Qt SDK 1.0.

Re: Qt Creator Loses Symbian Target

Maybe there is a problem in you qt creator settings file(from older Qt Creator versions): C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Nokia\QtCreator.ini try to rename it(QtCreator should be closed).

I just encountered this problem. It isn't the first time for me and it's not just the Symbian target that disappears. Related to this, occassionally the plus sign on the target bar is disabled preventing the addition of another target. This bug needs to get reported to the Qt defect database.

I've added this problem to the Qt bug database. Its number is Qt Creator QTCREATORBUG-3514

This from Gregg at ICS (Nokia Champion of this month). When Creator starts dropping targets, close the project and delete its pro.user file (not the .pro file) and then reopen the project. You can then recreate the targets.
    Last edited by pgarofalo; 2011-01-19 at 20:51.

Yes, but you loose all changes that you have done to your targets. Thanks for reporting this annoying bug.

Hi, me tooo has a similar problem. My project for recording audio to a file works on simulator but the sis file is not created by the Qt.When building for symbian target the build process completes 2 of 3 steps but does not complete the build. No error or comments are shown by Qt.Wat will be the mistake??????????

Nokia Developer Moderator

@iamniphin What you describe here has nothing to do with the initial problem. Please stop posting in unrelated threads and continue this discussion at http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...ding-to-a-file.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite