×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6

    Qt for E63 - Deployment guidlines

    Hi All,

    I wish to write a tiny program for a non-touchabe device (E63). This application should open a connection port against a web server (IP address is a parameter) and then run an HTTP command and display the reply. I wonder where can I find a step-by-step tutorial to create it in QT.

    I also wish to know where can I find a step-by-step tutorial on how to pack and deploy the above application into such a device not as a debug testing mode, but as an "ordinary" user. Could I run it on such a device, even if it is not signed yet?

    Thanks,. Roman

  2. #2
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    21.46 N 72.11 E
    Posts
    3,796

    Re: Qt for E63 - Deployment guidlines

    Hi Roman,

    You can find all Qt related articles (including step-by-step tutorials) on the Forum Nokia Wiki (Qt Category)
    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/Category:Qt

    As for the packaging and deploying instructions the document comes with the SDK is pretty good reference,
    NokiaQtSDK/readme/smartinstaller.html
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com

  3. #3
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,020

    Re: Qt for E63 - Deployment guidlines

    And, as for the HTTP, you can find the code for that here:
    http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...work-on-device
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6

    Re: Qt for E63 - Deployment guidlines

    Hi Pankaj,

    Just for the backround, I was using so far J2ME to develop my simple applications on both S40 & S60 devices (non touchabale screens).

    Examples - The link you suggested included so many. Can you please be more specific? In fact I don't mind to start with any simpe application (such as send SMS), as long it fits such devices. In general, do you recomend using Qt as a developemt tool for such devices?

    Signing - I went through the article you've provided. It also relates to sigining via a third party. When using J2ME, all I had to do one program is completed, was to transfer the .JAR file via PC Suite into device, run it and when prompted on device to approve. Isn't it possible to do something similar in Qt & Symbian?

    Thanks again,

    Roman

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6

    Re: Qt for E63 - Deployment guidlines

    Quote Originally Posted by tamhanna View Post
    And, as for the HTTP, you can find the code for that here:
    http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...work-on-device
    Thank you tamhanna,

    As you can see, I'm still on early stages of find even a simpler example of creating application for non-touchable screen devices.

    Roman

  6. #6
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    21.46 N 72.11 E
    Posts
    3,796

    Re: Qt for E63 - Deployment guidlines

    Quote Originally Posted by lrgjaybee@hotmail.com View Post
    Hi Pankaj,

    Just for the backround, I was using so far J2ME to develop my simple applications on both S40 & S60 devices (non touchabale screens).

    Examples - The link you suggested included so many. Can you please be more specific? In fact I don't mind to start with any simpe application (such as send SMS), as long it fits such devices. In general, do you recomend using Qt as a developemt tool for such devices?

    Signing - I went through the article you've provided. It also relates to sigining via a third party. When using J2ME, all I had to do one program is completed, was to transfer the .JAR file via PC Suite into device, run it and when prompted on device to approve. Isn't it possible to do something similar in Qt & Symbian?

    Thanks again,

    Roman
    Hi Roman,

    Well, there are alot of simple examples in the link I gave you. However, since you are new to Qt, you could start with this,
    http://developer.symbian.org/wiki/in...Qt_Quick_Start

    Once you have the basic idea, you could pick up an example from the wiki and try it. Remember Nokia Qt SDK also comes with examples.
    Watch this video to know how to proceed with Nokia Qt SDK, if you should.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd_07...layer_embedded

    Regarding signing, I don't think as a beginner you would need to worry about signing by Symbian, self signed files must suffice your cause.

    Regards,
    Pankaj.
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6

    Re: Qt for E63 - Deployment guidlines

    Quote Originally Posted by croozeus View Post
    Hi Roman,

    Well, there are alot of simple examples in the link I gave you. However, since you are new to Qt, you could start with this,
    http://developer.symbian.org/wiki/in...Qt_Quick_Start

    Once you have the basic idea, you could pick up an example from the wiki and try it. Remember Nokia Qt SDK also comes with examples.
    Watch this video to know how to proceed with Nokia Qt SDK, if you should.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd_07...layer_embedded

    Regarding signing, I don't think as a beginner you would need to worry about signing by Symbian, self signed files must suffice your cause.

    Regards,
    Pankaj.
    Thanks for your prompt reply Pankaj,

    Since I have a broad expericne in J2ME (NetBeans), I was looking for a simple example for building an application in Qt for a NON-TOUCHABLE screen devices such as E63 or E71/72. The link to the calculator example is good but not relevant to my purposes. I'm looking for example on building an application using device buttons rather than tap screen,

    The signing matter is critical for me before I migrate to Qt. This is why I am asking if there is a simple way to forward a non-signed or a self-signed application for distribution.

    Thanks, Roman

  8. #8
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,020

    Re: Qt for E63 - Deployment guidlines

    Hi,
    send me an email to tamhan at tamoggemon dot com so that I can send you the tutoriual with further info.

    Nokia doesnt allow me to upload it here due to their shitty spam filter.
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3

    Re: Qt for E63 - Deployment guidlines

    Hi,

    I'm CS student and recently brought a Nokia E63. I have no mobile development experience till now, and want to start writing programs for my E63. I was wondering whether the programs developed with Nokia Qt SDK are directly deployable to E63 or it also needs Qt runtime files for running these programs?

  10. #10
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,326

    Re: Qt for E63 - Deployment guidlines

    You need to install Qt libraries on the phone, if not done already. Sis files can be found in NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\sis directory.

Similar Threads

  1. QT Blutooth module not available in Nokia QT SDK (QT 4.6.3)
    By Suyash in forum [Archived] Qt SDKs and Tools
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2010-06-25, 09:55
  2. Nokia Qt SDK RC and deployment to Maemo
    By Diph in forum [Archived] Qt SDKs and Tools
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2010-06-20, 08:48
  3. E63 as server, connecting to internet through E63
    By nedwhitford in forum Wired and Wireless interfaces (Closed)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2010-02-16, 08:24
  4. Deployment of Qt application on latest Nokia Mobile
    By dedamas in forum [Archived] Qt Mobility Project
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2010-01-23, 12:08
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 1970-01-01, 02:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×