×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 13 of 13

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    chennai India
    Posts
    62

    Problem in deploying the application in X6

    hi all,
    created my own sample application . it executes well in simulator.
    when i depolyed in my X6 it throws a warning and an error
    :: warning: The Symbian toolchain does not handle special characters in a project path well.
    :: error: No rule to make target `MAKEFILE_0XE1BD9352.MK'. Stop.
    please explain this. thanks in advance.
    CHANGE is the only constant thing in this world.

  2. #2
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bhavnagar
    Posts
    928

    Re: Problem in deploying the application in X6

    Hi adhavanj,

    Are you able to run any sample code given with Qt setup in to your device other than your application?
    Jajal Mehul

  3. #3
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    chennai India
    Posts
    62

    Re: Problem in deploying the application in X6

    yupe i tried animatedtiles, it got deployed and works fine
    CHANGE is the only constant thing in this world.

  4. #4
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,020

    Re: Problem in deploying the application in X6

    I have had sth similar one time, Luciano Tomulta can likely remember.

    In my case, the solution was to create a different project with different name and UID.
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog

  5. #5
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    chennai India
    Posts
    62

    Re: Problem in deploying the application in X6

    Quote Originally Posted by tamhanna View Post
    I have had sth similar one time, Luciano Tomulta can likely remember.

    In my case, the solution was to create a different project with different name and UID.
    yupe.. i have done that too...... but it is still showing the same error.....
    CHANGE is the only constant thing in this world.

  6. #6
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    21.46 N 72.11 E
    Posts
    3,800

    Re: Problem in deploying the application in X6

    Quote Originally Posted by adhavanj View Post
    hi all,
    created my own sample application . it executes well in simulator.
    when i depolyed in my X6 it throws a warning and an error
    :: warning: The Symbian toolchain does not handle special characters in a project path well.
    :: error: No rule to make target `MAKEFILE_0XE1BD9352.MK'. Stop.
    please explain this. thanks in advance.
    Probably you used special characters in your project name. Could you try to name the project without using special characters?
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com

  7. #7
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    chennai India
    Posts
    62

    Re: Problem in deploying the application in X6

    Quote Originally Posted by croozeus View Post
    Probably you used special characters in your project name. Could you try to name the project without using special characters?
    nope....... i couldnot find any special characters in my project name or project path
    CHANGE is the only constant thing in this world.

  8. #8
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    430

    Re: Problem in deploying the application in X6

    Try to build directly from C:\someshortdirname. I remember problems with spaces in paths and windows usually puts MyDocuments in C:\Documents and Settings\ so you already have two spaces in your path name if you build your application from MyDocuments.

  9. #9
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bhavnagar
    Posts
    928

    Re: Problem in deploying the application in X6

    Hi,

    I think that axeljaeger is right.

    Whenever your path had a space in it than creator shows a warning that a symbian tool chain does not handle the specail character in path. Removing space will solve the problem.
    Jajal Mehul

  10. #10
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    chennai India
    Posts
    62

    Re: Problem in deploying the application in X6

    Quote Originally Posted by axeljaeger View Post
    Try to build directly from C:\someshortdirname. I remember problems with spaces in paths and windows usually puts MyDocuments in C:\Documents and Settings\ so you already have two spaces in your path name if you build your application from MyDocuments.
    Quote Originally Posted by james1980 View Post
    Hi,

    I think that axeljaeger is right.

    Whenever your path had a space in it than creator shows a warning that a symbian tool chain does not handle the specail character in path. Removing space will solve the problem.
    @axeljaeger hats off.... now it works fine....i create a folder c:\test. job DONE!!!
    @james1980yupe..... if there is a space in our path the creator is showing a warning symbol at the second page of application creator wizard.(Forgot to note that earlier, which ate lot of my time)
    @all: i still wonder y nokia cannot solve this issue , is it a bug??? and another one query,all the sample example have space and even a dot but that works fine in mobile, what is the mystery behind this?
    CHANGE is the only constant thing in this world.

  11. #11
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    21.46 N 72.11 E
    Posts
    3,800

    Re: Problem in deploying the application in X6

    Quote Originally Posted by adhavanj View Post
    @all: i still wonder y nokia cannot solve this issue , is it a bug???
    Since it gives you a warning, it can't be called a bug. But definitely a known issue.
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com

  12. #12
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    82

    Re: Problem in deploying the application in X6

    Hi guys ,

    i am installing the app devloped on nokia s60 3rd edition on nokia x6. Intially its givibg the warning that the application is not compatiable for the device after that i pressed continue anyway.

    after installation its gives the error "Application closed-exern-exe".

    i am able to run the same application on e71.

    Please suggest for the same.

  13. #13
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Lempäälä/Finland
    Posts
    29,165

    Re: Problem in deploying the application in X6

    Quote Originally Posted by akki123 View Post
    Hi guys ,

    i am installing the app devloped on nokia s60 3rd edition on nokia x6. Intially its givibg the warning that the application is not compatiable for the device after that i pressed continue anyway.

    after installation its gives the error "Application closed-exern-exe".

    i am able to run the same application on e71.

    Please suggest for the same.
    there is no point on opening this issue in multiple thread, you already got some answers in: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...-compatibility.

Similar Threads

  1. problem when deploying my lwuit Application to N73 !!!
    By ahmedcse in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2010-05-01, 19:22
  2. Deploying an application
    By gourimane in forum Symbian
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2010-04-21, 14:29
  3. problem while deploying application
    By akshay0912 in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2009-04-23, 07:18
  4. Problem in deploying j2me application
    By Basu in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2008-06-05, 12:35

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×