I have to develop a location based app for a restaurant chain (India). They expect features like google maps where in user should be able to
- see the distance and route from his current location to the chosen restaurant (out of the map). Current location will be detected by GPS
- see the route in text view as well.
- search nearby ATMs, coffee shops etc
Above feature is meant for GPS based devices only.
I thought of using Java ME location api but it will give me only co-ordinates. I guess I'd need some map provider who can give rich maps (as google).
1) is it feasible at all?
2) yes, what are location APIs available to develop such services?
3) specifically, can I use google maps in my app?