Discussion Board

switch from symbiansigned to Nokia app sign

Hello
    I want to switch app sign from symbiansigned to nokia app sign
    I sign my app with symbiansigned ( first and second version) and it's published in ovi store

Let's say I want to switch to nokia app sign.
    Is there any problem if the new version will be sign with different certification authority??
    (In update process)

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: switch from symbiansigned to Nokia app sign

You can't. Nokia won't sign your app at all. Nokia only signs its own apps (apps it distributes with their phones, or for their phones). As an independent software vendor, your only option is Symbian Signed for Symbian apps.

Edit: Oh! I got it. (Better slow than never, I guess.) You're actually referring the recent thing where Nokia pays for the signing for Ovi Store publishers, right? Even in that case, the apps will still be Symbian Signed (you just don't need to pay for it, but Nokia pays for it), and not Nokia signed (as in manufacturer signed, which is what I originally thought you referred to).
    Last edited by petrib; 2010-08-18 at 15:53.

Name of that new service is nokia sign
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/Distribut..._signing.xhtml
    Some certification authority sign your app
    In case of symbiansigned.com it's symbian as certification authority
    But in case if this new service it looks like nokia is certification authority.

Nokia Developer Expert

Dear xlazom00,

The free signing solution is signed by Nokia but tested against Symbian Signed test criteria. The following are the steps for free signing:

1. Ovi Publisher emails publisher support and requests more details
    2. Ovi Publish support asks publisher to review and accept new terms and conditions
    3. Ovi Publisher accepts and signs the new terms and conditions and provides IMEI numbers for up to 5 devices to publisher support
    4. Ovi Publish support sends publisher UIDs, a cert installer, and developer cert/key pair for testing their app
    5. Ovi Publisher packages their unsigned SIS file using the UID provided and tests on their device making sure is tested against Symbian Signed test criteria<http://developer.symbian.org/wiki/index.php/Symbian_Signed_Test_Criteria_V4_Wiki_version> [^]
    6. Ovi Publisher submits their app (unsigned SIS file with the UID provided) to the intake tool
    7. QA will test the app based on Nokia content and store guideline, specific operator guideline and Symbian Signed test criteria. If it passes, it will be express signed by Nokia and publish into Ovi Store

If you should have any more questions, please contact publishtoovi.support@nokia.com for more information.

Best Regards,
    OviBecca
    Ovi Publisher Support

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by xlazom00 View Post
    Hello
    I want to switch app sign from symbiansigned to nokia app sign
    I sign my app with symbiansigned ( first and second version) and it's published in ovi store

Let's say I want to switch to nokia app sign.
    Is there any problem if the new version will be sign with different certification authority??
    (In update process)
    Yes. You will be forced to switch UID, which means data loss if your current app has its data in /private/yourUID
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog