Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Where to upload Maemo Package (.deb)?

Hi all
    I try to submit an application for Maemo to the Ovi Store. But the normal add process for files is only for sis and sisx files. Can you tell me how and where to upload a .deb (Maemo) file? Great thanks,
    Luki

Regular Contributor

Re: Where to upload Maemo Package (.deb)?

Hi
    In the meanwhile I have figured out how to upload a maemo package. You have to create a new Content Item for Maemo app. I thought you can publish symbian and maemo apps under the same content item. Anyway, that's not a problem. But now I am stuck in a new problem. When I want to submit my .deb file, it tells me that my file is not a .deb file (The text is: "Alert: File format .deb"). But my file is a .deb file. Do I have to do some special packaging before I upload the file that it is regocnized as a .deb file? (The file is working! If i load it on a N900 and install it with "dpkg -i" it installs fine and is working well). Thanks for any hints.

Cheers, Luki

Super Contributor

Just for a record. The same question is discussed here
    http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...e-to-Ovi-Store

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by lukiluuk View Post
    Hi
    In the meanwhile I have figured out how to upload a maemo package. You have to create a new Content Item for Maemo app. I thought you can publish symbian and maemo apps under the same content item. Anyway, that's not a problem. But now I am stuck in a new problem. When I want to submit my .deb file, it tells me that my file is not a .deb file (The text is: "Alert: File format .deb"). But my file is a .deb file. Do I have to do some special packaging before I upload the file that it is regocnized as a .deb file? (The file is working! If i load it on a N900 and install it with "dpkg -i" it installs fine and is working well). Thanks for any hints.

Cheers, Luki
    Dear Luki,

This is indeed curious. Could you kindly email publishtoovi.Support@nokia.com and provide us with your content item name and link so we can investigate further?

If you are having continuous issues with uploading your .deb file, the Ovi Publisher Support team may have to upload it on your behalf.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
    OviAndrew

Ovi Publisher Support
    http://publish.ovi.com/ [^]

Promote your Ovi Store App on the web now!
    http://promotions.ovi.com/omt [^]