Discussion Board

Cannot reset Nokia N97 without lock code

Hello,

I have obtained one of our Nokia devices that another person was using prior to me for testing. The lock code of 12345 is not working. I have tried various methods to reset this device without knowing the lock code. The device prompts me to enter the lock code each time. I did the reset in which I held down the up arrow, the shift key and the back arrow. This seemed to do some type of reset as I was prompted to enter the country, etc. However, the lock code of 12345 still did not work. So, either that is not the default lock code for a Nokia N97 or this reset is not resetting the lock code back to the default 12345.

Does anyone know if either of those 2 is true?

Also, how do I reset this phone without knowing the lock code that the previous tester has entered?

Thanks,
    Toolmania1

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Cannot reset Nokia N97 without lock code

This discussion board caters to issues faced by 3rd party application developers. For end users issues and peer support please post your query in http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/

Good Luck!!

I paid attention and I am not entering letters. I found on another forum that was a possibility. But, this is definitely entering numbers. I just was able to enter a lock code on this other Nokia E66. The code was 12345.

So, I am not sure what is going on with this Nokia N97. But, this is the main thing for the N97 that I would like to know:

"Also, how do I reset this phone without knowing the lock code that the previous tester has entered?"

Symbian_Neil,

Sorry about that, I did not notice your post above before I posted my other comment. I will follow your instructions. Thank you!