Discussion Board

swf works fine untill packaged in a sis and launched from icon

I have a an animation with a voiceover lasts about 7 min's. I have posted a version on the Ovi store for S40 phones and all is well. the swf works just fine on S60 phones and passes all Nokia tests, until I package it in a .sis file using SWF2GO. I can load the application no problem every thing goes where it's suppost to except now when I launch the very same .swf from the icon the .swf file fails on incoming calls, if I find the .swf and launch it manualy no problem passes all test - 'WHY IS THIS' - it's driving me mad I have a bunch more content to add to Ovi but need to sort this issue, can any body please advise me

Thank You

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: swf works fine untill packaged in a sis and launched from icon

Hi Sgone,
    It seems that you are having this issue from quite a long time :
    Sound issues when publishing to Ovi
    There are number of issues with flash lite stub like one cannot change volume by volume keys in Flash Litre stub, Sometimes pressing red key doesnt close the application and few others.Some of these issues are solved in SWF2GO.However, This issue is also discussed few times before but not solved yet (according to my knowledge). What u can do is try an alternative to Flash Lite stub i.e SWF Launcher but it also has some limitations like heap size cannot be changed, relative paths for loading swf files cannot be used . If u have some knowledge of Symbian C++ then u can create a SWF Launcher for free by reading articles in Forum Nokia Flash Lite wiki.

Btw, you can also contact Faisal (a FNC & a lead developer of SWF2GO) which may have a solution to this issue.

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft

Nokia Developer Champion

Hi takaedro,
    As u r using S60v5 phone, u can simply use SystemInfo Service API as an alternative to get the Network Name. For details, check out Forum Nokia Flash Lite Library (CurrentNetwork is may be the attribute u r looking for) .

Best Regards,
    SajisOFT

Nice to hear from you Sajisoft, yes you are right had this issue some time and it's driving me nuts. Unfortunately I have no C++ knowledge sorry. I wonder if there is another sis packager I cold try. It seems a very simple thing I have a single .swf not very large and runs for 6 min. to launch from the icon would seem pretty straight forward considering Nokia ask you for an icon. I would love to sort this problem it cant be that heard? can it.

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by sajisoft View Post
    Hi Sgone,
    It seems that you are having this issue from quite a long time :
    Sound issues when publishing to Ovi
    There are number of issues with flash lite stub like one cannot change volume by volume keys in Flash Litre stub, Sometimes pressing red key doesnt close the application and few others.Some of these issues are solved in SWF2GO.However, This issue is also discussed few times before but not solved yet (according to my knowledge). What u can do is try an alternative to Flash Lite stub i.e SWF Launcher but it also has some limitations like heap size cannot be changed, relative paths for loading swf files cannot be used . If u have some knowledge of Symbian C++ then u can create a SWF Launcher for free by reading articles in Forum Nokia Flash Lite wiki.

Btw, you can also contact Faisal (a FNC & a lead developer of SWF2GO) which may have a solution to this issue.

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft

I have tried using Helisso, but get an error on the .cer file? so never yet managed to create a sis file yet

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by sgone View Post
    I have tried using Helisso, but get an error on the .cer file? so never yet managed to create a sis file yet
    Hi sgone,
    I think no packager provides the feature of making SWF Launcher. You have to download the SDKs and write down the code How to make Flash Launcher. Or if u really dont want to go for Symbian C++ then provide me any swf file which u want to test first that whether this thing works in SWF Launcher or the SWF launcher also acts like Flash Lite Stub. I will make a Flash Launcher for you.

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft

Quote Originally Posted by sajisoft View Post
    Hi sgone,
    I think no packager provides the feature of making SWF Launcher. You have to download the SDKs and write down the code How to make Flash Launcher. Or if u really dont want to go for Symbian C++ then provide me any swf file which u want to test first that whether this thing works in SWF Launcher or the SWF launcher also acts like Flash Lite Stub. I will make a Flash Launcher for you.

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft
    HI SajiSoft - where do I send the .swf file?

Regular Contributor

Hey Saji,
    You deserved a big respect for helping so much on this forum.
    I was wondering what is the difference between SWF launcher from you link , and swf packed as in this article (packing flash with carbide)
    Best regards,
    Dusan

Nokia Developer Champion

HI SajiSoft - where do I send the .swf file?
    Hi sgone,
    If u think the swf file can be shared in public then upload it to 2shared.com or any file hosting site and post here a link of it. Or send me a private message with a link of hosted swf. Or if u like to email , send me a private message to get my email.

Note: To send private message click on my name "SajiSoft" -> "Private Message"

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft

Nokia Developer Champion

Hi powerpixels,
    Thanks for your compilment. Let me explain the difference :
    1- This one is the method which all Flash lite packagers uses like kuneri lite, online packager etc. This method uses Flash Viewer Frameworks API which is specially designed for creating Flash Lite stubs because it provide certain features like changing heap size, allowing relative paths etc
    2- This method is an old method which uses CDocumentHandler class to embeds the flash lite player in Symbian C++ application and run the swf file in it. This method lacks in few features provided by the above method i.e one cannot use relative paths in swf, one cannot change heap size etc . But it can also avoid few bugs of above method i.e one can change the volume using volume keys etc.
    Hope its clear..

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft