Discussion Board

Thread: Gamble Game

Gamble Game

Hello there

I would like to know if it is possible to develop a gamble game that plays with real money, and if there are any restrictions.

Thanks

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Gamble Game

Check the Ovi store's requirements, basically it is clearly said that all revenue must come through Ovi payment system, thus that would propably qisqualify the idea already.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by azarok View Post
    Hello there

I would like to know if it is possible to develop a gamble game that plays with real money, and if there are any restrictions.

Thanks
    Have you got a Gambling licence to make produce you will need http://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk...nce__enfo.aspx
    and thats just U.k. The US has sued some companies for making these.
    Jim,

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by jimgilmour1 View Post
    Have you got a Gambling licence to make produce you will need http://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk...nce__enfo.aspx
    and thats just U.k. The US has sued some companies for making these.
    Jim,
    Hi,
    if you sit in Panama, flicking governments the finger is a very fun and productive pasttime. For additional amusement value, send German and Israeli governments swastikas, and arab governments photos of pork and alcohol as letter backhead.

Seriously, if you want to do gambling, better go offshore.

As for Ovi: I am pretty sure that Nokia will not distribute this app. Hell gee, if I were a distro, I would not as there is the concept of the "disturbant's assistant" under most legislations. This means that the distro can be held liable for what he distributes if he knows (or was made aware) that it is not legal. This of course does not mean that the distro is fully responsible like you were if the government manages to catch you, but it means that the distro can be forced to delist your product.

Plus, gambling lords are HIGHLY unpopular. This means that countries would be willing to invest serious efforts into getting you into their range.

So, cutting a long story short: if you are a marksman and a lawyer (or work for the government), try it. If not, look elsewhere.
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog