Discussion Board

Thread: jQuery mobile

Hybrid View

jQuery mobile

Hi guys,

Is Nokia planning on supporting the new jQuery mobile initiative? Other key players on the mobile market have already joined. I hope Nokia won't leave us behind this time.

Thank you,
    Lucian

Re: jQuery mobile

About which key players do you talk about ?
    the only mobile sponsor is Palm, by the way Symbian and Meego will be compatible with jqueryMobile (Already have a A ranking for the last versions)

I was just trying to get Nokia to do something

Yes, they will be compatible. But it would be very helpful to have someone to take care of the browser bugs/issues while developing.

For example, I'm trying to run the testwarm tests they are providing. The test run up to a point where they get the JavaScript VM of the browser to freeze. Then I reload the page, the tests start running from the beginning. The problem is even the tests that were running a few minutes ago, won't run anymore. So I restart the browser, try to run the tests again but the result is the same: no go.

Ok, restarting the phone (sometimes the phone is trying to help me and it restarts itself after sending an sms, a brand new Nokia feature). Now the tests are running normally up to a point (not the same one as before) where the JS VM freezes again.

I guess Nokia could help out here a bit

Nokia Developer Expert

The testswarm is also a unit-testing system, so the fact that it fails does not mean it's a problem of the browser, it might be an error in the implementation or something incomplete. The fact that you tested is good, because the server will report the incomplete results.

Well done

Hey bra,i developed an application plan for mobile phone man,so i'm looking for the assistant on the resource site man,and i would love to use Nokia's because of the materials they use.

Yes, youțre right.

But the issue I'm encountering is a pattern I can reproduce and it can reproduced no matter what. When it freezes, the client doesn't upload anything and doesn't move on to the next test. I think it's a browser issue. I don't know if it's relevant or not but the emulator behaves like you're describing.

Opera mobile is a lot more stable. It doesn't crash and it can run and report more tests than the S60 browser.

I hope more people will get involved. Good luck guys!

Nokia Developer Moderator

Hey all,

Sorry to be a bit late to this thread.

We're looking at various 3rd party JavaScript frameworks with the intention of providing best possible support for them. Naturally jQuery is one of those.
    Thanks for caring about this. We're working hard to bring exciting stuff your way.

Petro - Forum Nokia
    'petro
    @petrosoininen

Hey guys,

jQuery Mobile Alpha 1 has just been released this weekend. Have fun testing it