Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Nokia Multimedia Converter 2.0 - AMR playback

Hi,

I downloaded Nokia Multimedia Converter 2.0 beta2 today and I tried to concert a WAV file to AMR.

The conversion was performed, but it is not possible to listen to the converted file. WBAMR work ok.

Best regards,
    Ola Martin

Nokia Developer Moderator
    Hi,

At least I have no problem to listen the converted file. Did you try to re-open the converted amr-file?

Best regards,
    V / Forum Nokia

I tried to reopen the AMR compressed file and I also tried to exit the application and start it, and then open the AMR file.

I get no sound, but it shows correct sample play time (5 seconds) and the progress slider moved correctly.

There is something strange going on. Sometimes if I move the voume bar, just a little bit, the sound comes.

And WBAMR still works ok.

I had the same problem - no audio playback on encoded AVI's with AMR encoding, but fine with WB-AMR. The problem seems to occur when the original file audio format is PCM 8kHz 16bit mono but not for other formats (e.g. PCM 44kHz 8bit stereo).

Other audio-only file formats such as WAV seem to encode OK.

I also noticed that the playback volume on the Media Converter can be affected by the Nokia Multimedia Player volume setting if both are active at the same time.

Regular Contributor

AMR encoding

Hi,
    Where can one get the AMR format description (level of bits and bytes ...)

Is there any public code that converts PCM to AMR that I can use in my own application ?

Does Series 40 support playing AMR ?
    If so Do they support it as ringtone as well ?

thanks in advance.

Hello,

I had the same issue as vidiman.
    Supposedly the specs say that to convert a wav file to an AMR file, the wav file needs to be an 8khz, 16bit, mono file. But when you convert this format to an AMR, there is no sound. If I change the wav to an 11.025khz, 16bit, mono format and then convert it to AMR, it works perfect.

Not sure if it's a mistake in the program or what but I did the same conversion on 3 different pc's and got the same results on each.