Discussion Board

Question Not clear abt UID???

i read file " S60_Platform_Symbian_Platform_Security_FAQ_v2_0_en.pdf(secured)"
    i have confusion abt using UID,i develop my app and need to sign with developer certificate and then test it in real device,i have developer certificate and also know how to use it.plz only clear me abt UID range
    i paste here note given in above document:-

2.24 How does the UID range correspond to Symbian Signed and Developer Certificates? What range should be used during development time and for the final release?
    It is important to remember the two UID ranges used in the context of Symbian OS v9.1 onwards: the protected range and the unprotected range.
    When an application is to be Symbian Signed (either during development using a Developer Certificate or via the Symbian Signed program) it must use a UID from the protected range. Specifically, the 0 range (0x00000000 to 0x0FFFFFFF) has been reserved for development purposes, and new UID allocations are made from the 2 range (0x20000000 to 0x2FFFFFFF). Before being submitted for Symbian Signed testing, an application must have a UID allocated from the 2 range.
    [
    Thanks and Regards
    -Chandan Singh

ReBirth due to GOD so too much believe in GOD- C Singh

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Not clear abt UID???

if you have a developer certificate, then you could indeed use the range (0x20000000 to 0x2FFFFFFF), so you would not need to change it when making teh release version. The test range is used only on development time, when you would not have a developer certificate and would want others to also be able to use sign your application through open-signed online.

ok ok,thanks sir, means that i have UID by default created by ID is

UID 0x100039CE 0x03E04986

i change it to:
    UID 0x100039CE 0x20000001

its ok na sir???
    Thanks and Regards
    -Chandan Singh

its ok, provided that 0x20000001 is a UID reserved for you in your Symbian signed account.

thank you sir,one more qns that for signing which one goes better Express Signed or Certified Signed???, because my application needs either of these signing that depends on required capability,so i need only only two capabilities CAPABILITY WriteDeviceData NetworkServices.in office senior people asking me that which one u want to go for signing process??? then sir which one better i suggest to there?
    Thanks and Regards
    -Chandan Singh

Check the symbian signed web site for actual information. Basically as I said earlier the NetworkServices could use self-signing, and the WriteDeviceData requires symbian signing. And as the WriteDeviceData is one of the capabilities that can be signed with Express signing, you could go with it.

anyway, any symbian signing, requires you to use a UID that is reserved for the account used for the signing.

thanks sir.

how to make sisx file sir?when make an app through code warrior then from command line we use makesis after that app make with sis extension,how to do? can this one possible or any tool to create sisx???
    Thanks and Regards
    -Chandan Singh

one another qns sir related to sip setting,give in wikki link http://http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/i...ogrammatically

inside this given in 4th line:-
    info.iSIPProfileName = KSIPIETFProfileType;
    what this means KSIPIETFProfile??? and given undefined identifier,so how or what i define this?
    Thanks and Regards
    -Chandan Singh

i understand sir its normally defined as identifier like _LIT8(KSIPIETFProfileType, "IETF")
    Thanks and Regards
    -Chandan Singh

I'm not expert on SIP settings so can not really say anything about it. anyway, I would suggest you to switch using Carbide C++ for building Symbian Applciations, it's nearly 2 years since I used Code Warrior last time, so can not remember too much of it really.

ok thank you sir, and definitely i started on carbide c++.
    Thanks and Regards
    -Chandan Singh