Discussion Board

Quicktime over Symbian

Hi,
    I am using QuickTime to send video between applications and I want to receive it on Nokia phones.
    I have been using the Real One player in the 7650 but it doesn't work with QuickTime Video.
    Are you aware of any QuickTime development to implement video over Symbian?
    If not could you help me find a way to convert QuickTime Video to Real One?
    Thanks a lot
    Agustin

Nokia Developer Moderator
    Hi,

Why don't you use Nokia Multimedia Converter 2.0 to convert files to the format that 7650 can handle? (3gp).

Best regards,
    V / Forum Nokia

Thanks

I will have a look at it,
    thanks
    Agustin

Hi,

We've tried the Nokia Multimedia Converter, and this is a useful tool for "offline" conversions. But what we need is an "online" conversion. That is, in our scenario we have a video source that send video in Quicktime format, and we need an application for the nokia phones to view these images, either in quicktime format (with a quicktime player) or through a converter.

Thanks in advance for your help,

P.

Nokia Developer Moderator
    Hi,

Nokia Multimedia Converter 2.0 has also a console version, which can convert files on the fly. Instruction are in the manual.

Best regards,
    V / Forum Nokia

Hi,

We've got the same problem as chatedral. We've looked for this manual, but we've just found User's guide pdf (it comes in the downloaded zip from Nokia Forum) . In this guide we couldn't find anywhere where explains how to open video streams on the fly to convert it to Nokia's format.

Is this guide what you've called manual? If not, could you redirect us to the mentioned document?

Thanks in advance,

Ronnie

Nokia Developer Expert
    Hi!

You can convert static clips from command prompt as well. "On fly" conversion for _stream_ is not possible.

Teemu / Forum Nokia

I have the same problem too...

But i want to play mpeg2 files on the real phone...
    I know that the MMConverter can convert these files in mp4,3gp files that support the real phone..(But i want to do that on the fly,on a server that runs on a PC with linux)

Is any version of MMConverter for linux?
    Or is any other tool(for linux) that can convert mpeg files to mp4(or 3gp)
    Or, does anyone know any mpeg player for symbian(I found many players like real one,oplayo,mobiclip,.. but not any of them can play mpeg files..

Thanks in advance!!

Manos Moschous

Re: Quicktime over Symbian

Quote Originally Posted by auvinent View Post
    Hi!

You can convert static clips from command prompt as well. "On fly" conversion for _stream_ is not possible.

Teemu / Forum Nokia
    Only as a notice for you:

Windows is not the only OS in the market. And unfortunately for all Nokia users with computers running LINUX or Mac OS X, there is not a Nokia Multimedia Converter.

Then. Is not a better solution develop a QuickTime player for Symbian?

Maybe Apple with its regulations do not admit that, because the iPhone. But I am a mac user, and prefer largely my N95 than the iPhone.

Think in that.

Re: Quicktime over Symbian

Has or is anyone contemplating making a quicktime app for S60 5th edition OS? If you want users to browse the web on a mobile and generate data usage revenue, then one must make the experience enjoyable. It is not enjoyable when pages are blank because Symbian can't view Quicktime clips or Flash Player clips etc....

http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...milies/mad.gif