Discussion Board

Super Contributor

Problem with Qt Mobility 1.1.0 TP For Symbian

As you can see there are number of missing modules where can i find them, without these the corrsponding DLLs are not creatd.

Code:
    Checking available Qt
    Checking make
    ... Symbian abld make found.

Start of compile tests
    Checking LBT
    ... Not Found
    Checking SNAP
    ... Not Found
    Checking OCC
    ... Not Found
    Checking SymbianContactSIM
    ... Not Found
    Checking SymbianContactModel
    ... OK
    Checking SymbianContactModelv2
    ... Not Found
    Checking S60_Sensor_API
    ... Not Found
    Checking Symbian_Sensor_Framework
    ... Not Found
    Checking Symbian_Hb
    ... Not Found
    Checking Audiorouting_s60
    ... Not Found
    Checking Tunerlibrary_for_3.1
    ... Not Found
    Checking RadioUtility_for_post_3.1
    ... Not Found
    Checking OpenMaxAl_support
    ... Not Found
    Checking Surfaces_s60
    ... Not Found
    Checking Symbian_Messaging_Freestyle
    ... Not Found
    Checking IMMERSION
    ... Not Found
    End of compile tests

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Problem with Qt Mobility 1.1.0 TP For Symbian

Those are the results of the compile tests, which are used to determine if optional functionality is present. For example, if LBT is present then the Symbian specific QGeoAreaMonitor backend will be used.

I don't believe that any of th the compile tests need to pass in order to build Qt Mobility. Are there any other error messages occurring? Which DLLs are you creating / where are you looking for them?

Super Contributor

Thanks for the reply
    Quote Originally Posted by dalaing View Post
    Those are the results of the compile tests, which are used to determine if optional functionality is present. For example, if LBT is present then the Symbian specific QGeoAreaMonitor backend will be used.

I don't believe that any of th the compile tests need to pass in order to build Qt Mobility.
    Yes it fails(just skips) to build corresponding dll files.
    Are there any other error messages occurring? Which DLLs are you creating / where are you looking for them?
    there where no Errors in building the dlls but packaging fails as the make did not build the correspding DLLs at-all.

Nokia Developer Expert

I don't think I'll be able to help much without quite a bit more information.

Which DLL files are you talking about? What options are you passing to the configure line? What errors are you getting during packaging?

Super Contributor

1. when i try building the Qt Mobility from source i get the warning as shown in #1
    2. the dlls i am talking about are from the QtMobility_template.pkg qtcontacts_symbian.dll

Nokia Developer Expert

What steps are you going through to build mobility from source? Are you getting any more output than what is shown in #1? Because the output in #1 isn't a warning - if something is going wrong there's a very strong chance that it's being described by an error message which occurs somewhere after what you provided in #1.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by dalaing View Post
    What steps are you going through to build mobility from source? Are you getting any more output than what is shown in #1? Because the output in #1 isn't a warning - if something is going wrong there's a very strong chance that it's being described by an error message which occurs somewhere after what you provided in #1.
    there is no other error ... as you can see the configure command does not find the modules so it will not build the dlls. But i wanted to know what all the depnding header / modules i should have show that configure fill find them and make the dlls. Again i want to say there are no compilation errors

Nokia Developer Expert

What you've pasted is the output of the attempted at autodetection of optional features. None of that output constitutes an error.

What steps are you going through to build mobility from source? If you can't tell me that then I probably can't help you any further.

It's starting to sound like you're just running configure and then stopping - in which case no DLLs will be built because you haven't run make. If you were running configure and then the appropriate make command, and if the make command didn't result in any errors, then you would have the DLLs.

Also - have you read the Qt Mobility installation guide ( http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qtmobility-1...tallation.html ) ?

Super Contributor

What you've pasted is the output of the attempted at autodetection of optional features. None of that output constitutes an error.

What steps are you going through to build mobility from source? If you can't tell me that then I probably can't help you any further.
    Sorry to not making it clear enough looks like my english is bad, anyways as i already told there is no error Question was why configuration is not finding the required modules, if it is looking for something then what and where can i find them,
    It's starting to sound like you're just running configure and then stopping - in which case no DLLs will be built because you haven't run make. If you were running configure and then the appropriate make command, and if the make command didn't result in any errors, then you would have the DLLs.
    Nop, i know what is the differance between configuration and make so i am doing both. Again i say there is no compilation Errors

Also - have you read the Qt Mobility installation guide ( http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qtmobility-1...tallation.html )
    guide is good for v1.0.0 but i am trying same steps for Qt Mobility 1.1.0 TP and i feel there are more steps to be done.

Again to be clear .
    1. I am running both configuration & make.
    2. there are no Error and generates a few dlls and skips some
    3. Question was about why configuration is not finding the rquired modules .

Nokia Developer Expert

1. Good - thanks for ruling that out.
    2. That's interesting - I didn't know that you had some DLLs building, which is probably where I started to get confused.

Could you paste in the section of the output of configure that starts with

Running qmake...
    Reading C:/Develop/qt/mobility/location/qtm-location-docs/src/src.pro
    Reading C:/Develop/qt/mobility/location/qtm-location-docs/src/global/global.pro
    ... etc for all lines starting with "Reading" and the various messages that occur between them

3. The answer to that will be different for each of the configure tests. They're all in the config.tests and you can see which ones correspond to which lines of output in configure by looking at configure.bat (search for symbianTests in the file).

For instance, if the config.tests/lbt is able to be compiled then contains(lbt_enabled, yes) will return true and contains(lbt_enabled, no) will return false in the various .pro files. In that case the compilation depends upon whether various headers and libraries can be found - ie all the usual things compilation might depend on. This might vary quite a bit from compile test to compile test, although hopefully the tests represent the minimal amount of work required to determine whether a particular feature is supported.

I had a look through the .pro files for the Contacts plugin for Symbian - it looks like qtcontacts_symbian.dll is built based on whether certain files exist. If you have a look at plugins/contacts/symbian/symbian.pro you'll see the test near the top of the file. I read through all of the .pro files from qtmobility.pro through to the file in question and I couldn't find anything for the plugin corresponding to qtcontacts_symbian.dll that relies on any of the compile tests - so the fact that that particular DLL is not being built looks like it has nothing to do with the output of the configure step.

Other missing DLLs might be because of compile test results - the various .pro files should let you know.
    Last edited by dalaing; 2010-08-31 at 08:02. Reason: Added a few more details on compile tests.