Discussion Board

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Unable to UNLOCK the phone in s60 3rd edition programmatically

As the public SDKs are not including the APIs for that, you would actually need to do your research by yourself. So, go to symbian foundation and search their sources, you should be able to find the unlocking part if you search for the locking part, i.e. search first for the EnableAutoLockEmulation.

It is not going to be easy task, the symbian foundation parts would only cover Symbian^3, and if you would want to cover oldere devices, you might need to do multiple technical support cases with API partnering. and I'm nearly sure that there is no solution for 3rd ed E-Series devices using tarm.

If you are willing to spend some quality time on that, then take my advice, I would though suggest just letting the user keep his/hers control on the device, I find it hard to understand why the user would needed to be locked away.

But I want to lock the phone in some way so that the user is not able to operate it for some time and then unlock it thereafter programmatically. Is there no other easier way to do that? Hope you people would help me out.....

Thanks
    Joy

Nokia Developer Moderator

Basically Why ? What can be such a good reason, that you think justifies a user who knows the lock code to be kept out on using the device ? the point of the lock code is to prevent people who do not know the code for accessing the device, and if the user knows the code, he/she should be able to use the device.

All and all, I did give you all information you need, thus you can follow any of the advises I have given here. Anyway, do remember that if you go for API partnering you do need to specify your use case, as well as business case, thus do think about the question on the beginning of this post.