Discussion Board

Using C++ header files in symbian

I want to use Zxing project in symbian sdk.
    For Zxing what i get is CPP code , but it is not available for symbian
    I get error if i include Zxing file which contains C++ header files.
    like iostream.h vector.h valarray.h,limits.h -> File can not be open.

In Project->setting->CarbideC++->build configuration->Environment->include it contains path
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\atl\include;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\mfc\include;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\include;

Is it possible to inlcude C++ header files in symbian then how i need to do setting for it.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Using C++ header files in symbian

yes its possible to that. BTW have you checked this source code implementation which already using that for symbian and Qt.

Nokia Developer Moderator

You should not mix Visual Studio into the picture, use Open C/C++ instead. It may be already present in the SDK, but generally you should download the plugin (which is always newer than the integrated one).
    Library above, Tools and downloads, Find more tools, Tools for Symbian C++ development.
    If you are already on that page, clicking on the Documentation "tab" will bring you to the docs section, where the "Porting" group contains an example you could use (the Open C FTP something).

EDIT: well, Gaba has a better solution (though you will probably need Open C/C++, so that part still may be useful)

I have installed Nokia_Symbian3_SDK_v0.8 , but it does not get detected by open C/C++ installer.
    I want to test my application on Nokia 5230.
    S60 3rd Edition FP1 download is not available

Super Contributor

For the Nokia 5230, use the S60 5th Edition SDK:

http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n..._0_en.zip.html

Do not use the Symbian^3 SDK/PDK, as the Nokia 5230 is not based on Symbian^3, but Symbian v9.4 and S60 5th Edition.

I build project in s60 3rd edition it is working on Nokia 5230. I want to use Camera example ad Zxingbarcode reader.
    I had both the 3rd and 5th edition installed on my pc, but both the versions does not get detected and open C++ get installed in D:/Symbian/9.2 location . this location is taken by default by installer and does not give any option to select sdk. Now i uninstalled 5 th edition , but still does not detect 3 rd edition sdk.
    E:\Nokia_Symbian3_SDK_v0.8
    D:\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0
    and
    D:\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v2.3

Symbian SDK-s register themselves in \Program Files\Common Files\Symbian\devices.xml, do you have such file? Do you have a C: drive?

Otherwise it might be fixed with a bit of experimentation:
    - if the SDK-s are registered there just Carbide.c++ has not re-scanned the file, you can try Window / Preferences / Carbide.c++ / SDK Preferences, and either enable the SDK-s (if they are listed just disabled), or do "Rescan All SDKs"
    - if the SDK-s are not registered there, you can still experiment with "Add New SDK" in the same location.

Thanks for reply.
    Now I successfully installed open C C++ plugin for symbian sdk 5 th edition.
    But if i want plugin for both the installed sdk then i need to seperately install it.

Quote Originally Posted by pallavi0703 View Post
    But if i want plugin for both the installed sdk then i need to seperately install it.
    Yes, the plugin has to be installed for each SDK separately, since it installs itself into the SDK-s.