Discussion Board

Block Voice Calls & SMS

Hello,

My apologies if this has already been discussed on the forum, I couldn't really find a conclusive answer from the earlier threads.

I'm working on a tracking application for Symbian S60 5th Edition which permits blocking voice calls & sms programatically (incoming as well as outgoing). I've read the following so far

Voice - http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...up_voice_calls

1) Can either of CTelephony, AT or CPhCltCommandHandler be used in 5th edition to block incoming & outgoing voice calls? I read that some of these methods work only for data calls & for calls originated by an app itself.

2) I'd read another thread which suggested that it can be done through non-public APIs which are offered as part of Nokia Launchpad partnership. However, I do not find any call related APIs in the non-public APIs in the Launchpad section.

3) Yet another thread suggests that such special features are only available to members of Symbian Foundation. However, there's no real con

I'd like a confirmation regarding how can I achieve the mentioned goal of blocking incoming & outgoing calls on Symbian 5th edition. Same for SMS. Is that something which Symbian allows via its public API?

Regards,
    G

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Block Voice Calls & SMS

CTelephony requires you to answer the call before hanging it up, CPhCltCommandHandler only works on some platforms. AT command CHUP works in all devices but requires rather high capability.

as far as I know there are no additional APIs for Launchpad, anyway you could always search Symbian^3 sources to see whther you can find more suitable APIs from there.

Thanks. Can you also let me know regarding blocking incoming & outgoing SMS?

Nokia Developer Moderator

No real APIs for this, you could delete all incoming SMS, and try messing up with SMS-service center number to disable any outgoing ones.. You could maybe just search about the problems on deleting outbox messages, generally it does not work too well.