Discussion Board

Question Problem with MIDLET aplication to read PhoneBook on Nokia E71 and other of ultimate g

i created a midlet to read phone's directory, this works perfectly in older nokia phones, but in new nokias i have this problem.. when i try to read the contacts list it just stays there like if i didn't select anything.. i used javax.microedition.pim class tu read the phones directorys. can someone tell what is the problem with new nokias. specialy whit nokia E71. Thanks!

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Problem with MIDLET aplication to read PhoneBook on Nokia E71 and other of ultima

Hello Irvaliente,

and welcome to Forum Nokia Discussion Boards!

Could you provide more details regarding your definition "the contacts list it just stays there like if i didn't select anything.. ".

Do you mean that you try to read contacts but no contacts will be shown at all?
    Just a wild guess, but in case the contact list of E71 does not have any information in it (zero contacts included) then the PIM API could not retrieve any information.

Regards,
    r2j7
    [URL="http://library.forum.nokia.com/java"][B] >>> Java Developer's Library <<<[/B][/URL]
    [URL="https://www.developer.nokia.com/Resources/Support/Technical_support.xhtml"] [B]>>> Technical Support for Java ME development <<<[/B][/URL]
    [URL="https://publish.ovi.com/info/"][B]>>> Nokia Publish: reach millions of Nokia users worldwide through Nokia Store <<<[/B][/URL]

Re: Problem with MIDLET aplication to read PhoneBook on Nokia E71 and other of ultima

Hi Regards

The midlet is an application, a project I'm doing for my work, I tested on several phones from nokia and it works perfect but in the new model works very well I do not seem to me that recognizing the "Contact.FORMATTED_NAME" by I add that the "Contact.TEL" if I recognize the phone number but the fact is that I need to show in form and name the names of contacts.

lrvaliente

Hi Regards r2j7

The application that I created, it should list the names of the contact list from any phone, but in the new Nokia not show me anything, I'm using the PIM APIs Contac.FORMATTED_NAME specifically, with this I think you should show the list of names of my contacts, I Contact.TEL other tests, this attribute if I work but the fact is I do not want to show the phone numbers that only the names to allow the user of my application.

Lucio
    lrvaliente