Discussion Board

cannot import mmp files

Hello,
    I am a new user here. I have istalled symbian SDK and metroworks codewarrior IDE. I cannot import mmp files to IDE.
    I have also installed pearl.
    Please help me

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: cannot import mmp files

so what problem are you facing while importing the mmp file?...

also you can use Carbide as your IDE instead of using codewarrior...

its available here:

http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n...119a2b4cb.html

Nokia Developer Moderator

Based on your other post in the Java boards, you might have some CodeWarrior, but it does not necessarily supports Symbian.
    Use Carbide.c++, that is the only supported IDE for Symbian C++ development for years by now. It is completely free, you can find it in Library above, Tools and downloads, Find more tools, Tools for Symbian C++ development.

ok...i have installed Carbide.c++... which is more complex than metroworks ide. Now tell me from where i can Import Project From .mmp File ...it is not even listed under the file menu...and when i click import it can only find .xml files...

Import is a good idea, then select "Symbian OS bld.inf file" from the "Symbian OS" group.

Quote Originally Posted by khalid.usman7@gmail.com View Post
    which is more complex than metroworks ide. .
    not really ;)
    Now tell me from where i can Import Project From .mmp File ...it is not even listed under the file menu...and when i click import it can only find .xml files...
    Havent felt it as complex...In File..import ... when you click that, it has under symbian os..import using bld.inf..you could use that

I have successfully imported the project but when I run the helloworld.cpp file..the output comes out in another window named winscw udeb and hellow wolrd is written in black with a blank white screen in the backgroud unlike what the manual says...whats wrong now? isnt it supposed to be a hellow world icon in the applications menu?

can you tell me how can i dubug this file like I used to do in vc...I mean when i press f7 there used to be a pointer on ever line and it should tell me the values of all the variables.

I have successfully imported the project but when I run the helloworld.cpp file..the output comes out in another window named winscw udeb and hellow wolrd is written in black with a blank white screen in the backgroud unlike what the manual says...whats wrong now? isnt it supposed to be a hellow world icon in the applications menu?
    Examples in the Examples folder are mostly console-based, they do not have icons. Based on this description you have imported the 'HelloWorld' from that folder.
    You can find a graphical Hello World 'HelloWorldBasic' in the S60Ex folder (or something similar, you have not specified the SDK you use, and the location of this folder slightly varies).

can you tell me how can i dubug this file like I used to do in vc...I mean when i press f7 there used to be a pointer on ever line and it should tell me the values of all the variables.
    Yes, you can debug it, you have to place a breakpoint to somewhere (the entry point of the code is the E32Main function). After that start the application in debug mode (the tiny bug icon, or you can find commands for that in the Run menu). You can probably customize the Fx commands, start digging in the Preferences, it is in the Window menu.