Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Flash Lite, SIS packaged - How to set it as a screensaver?

Let say I've created a flash lite screensaver, and packed it in carbide c++ as a sis file for s60 devices. After I upload the file to my phone, I'm able to open it but there's no option to set it as a screensaver. In power saver options it can't find the swf file.
    What is the best practice for creating sis packed flash lite screensavers? Should sis file extract a swf to some unprotected folder, and then set it from power saver options. Should I code a standalone screensaver application, or there's a better solution for this?

Thanks
    Best regards,
    Dusan

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Flash Lite, SIS packaged - How to set it as a screensaver?

Hi powerpixels,
    Its always good to let us know the S60 phone u r targetting because some S60 phones doesnt support screensaver as a swf. You already discussed all available approaches i.e An easy approach is to can extract the swf file to unprotected folder but this approach may not work while publishing for OVI Store.However, a professional approach is to create your own standalone screensaver application as one of the famous application already did it :
    kuneri-kiss60-flash-lite-screensavers

Wish u luck

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft

Regular Contributor

Hello Saji, thanks for reply.
    Generally I'm targeting s60 3rd FP1 and FP2 devices, and later 5th touchscreen devices. I've heard about kiss60 and pikko long time ago Something like that would be ideal, is there any example code (carbide c++, qt, or anything else) how to set a swf file as a screensaver? Thanks
    Best regards,
    Dusan

Nokia Developer Champion

Hi powerpixels,
    Take a look at this :
    S60_3rd_Edition_FP1_Screensavers_v1_0_en

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the link. I've already tested Carbide.UI it in vivo, I create empty theme with the screensaver file only. Unfortunately I have no success. Phone can't find my swf file when I want to set animation from power saver menu, yet I have to activate the whole theme , which has ugly default graphics.
    I'm a completely newbie with symbian, so far only I succeeded with Carbide C++ and stub flash file located in my own folder.. I.e \\data\\powerpixels\\myfile.swf.
    Is it really true I wont pass the QA with this approach? I saw several apps with it's own folders
    Last edited by powerpixels; 2010-08-30 at 16:33.
    Best regards,
    Dusan

Nokia Developer Champion

Hi powerpixels,
    Just read my post again , i wrote MAY not possible which means that m not sure about the subject. The approach in my mind which have to work is to create a stub with 2 swf files ,one containing the screensaver (which should be extracted to "e:\\data\\powerpixels\\myfile.swf "and other (which is the main swf file of stub) containing the text i.e " Please, goto power settings to enable this screensaver by selecting name "My Screen Saver" . This approach may works but it is good to send an email to ovi store publish support for confirmation.

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft