Discussion Board

Can't Install .sis/.sisx file on N95

I had this .sis file signed over at SymbianSigned.com and I was gonna install it on an N95-1, but it wouldn't go to the Applications folder. It's on the Application Manager list, though, but I can't use it. So I installed the .sisx file that's on the same folder as the .sis file and the same thing would happen. What could be done?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Can't Install .sis/.sisx file on N95

Cn you give a bit more information:
    1. is the sis file yours ?
    2. What kind of signing from symbian signed are you using ?
    3. What steps do you use when installing it to teh device ?
    4. In which step does it fail, and is anyting shown on the screen ?

Also what kind of build it is.

No, it ain't mine. I got it from the Wiki, it's this WLAN example application. I open signed it because I got this certificate error (it's an old example app). After having it signed, I installed it. Before installation, it prompted, Application might not be compatible with device, continue anyway? (or something like that). I did, and it installed. But it would not appear on the Applications folder. It would, however, appear at the Application Manager folder and it says there it's installed.

Quote Originally Posted by bluehyung View Post
    No, it ain't mine. I got it from the Wiki, it's this WLAN example application. I open signed it because I got this certificate error (it's an old example app). After having it signed, I installed it. Before installation, it prompted, Application might not be compatible with device, continue anyway? (or something like that). I did, and it installed. But it would not appear on the Applications folder. It would, however, appear at the Application Manager folder and it says there it's installed.
    Please specify what example. A link would help so that me/somebody can help you. Vague references is only wasteful.

Phone Release (GCCE)

I took the example indicated by you, and signed the sis file and installed it to my device..it installs and shows in the installations folder correctly!!

So can you spend some time and write (in details) what exactly are you doing/trying.

Well I've encountered this many times before with trying to install .sis themes on to my N95. I never got to use any of those. What device are you using? Could it be because of the N95's 'incompatibility' with .sis files? I have tried installing .sisx files on it before, though, and they all worked. Except this one.

Did you change the UID's? Because I did. Because as I was trying to get the sis file signed, Symbian Signed wouldn't accept it 'cuz it says the UID is not from the protected range.

Could it be because of the N95's 'incompatibility' with .sis files?
    Incompatibility warning is just a warning and its because in the pkg file the platform UID would be different than the ones of the device you would be using. So thats not a real issue.

I did not change anything. I used my developers certificate.

Is it possible that you have the UIDs messed up when changing it. Please check on those facts. you will find many threads in this Discussion board on dealing with changing the UID..check if you have changed in all the places.
    Last edited by Symbian_Neil; 2010-08-30 at 14:06.