Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[moved] Discussion on moderation policies

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    It is Qt not QT and no, the free signing offer (beta) is not limited to Qt. There's no such thing as signing "via Qt".

A Publisher ID may be still useful, depending on the type of applications you develop (not all capabilities are covered by the free signing offer) and the markets you are trying to address (Nokia's free signing restricts your distribution to the Ovi Store).
    Offtopic:
    I just wanted to ask mister Tomuta if closing threads that bother him on this forum is his personal practice or it's something Nokia instructs him and other employees to do?
    Furthermore, I would like people to know that mister Lucian Tomuta is the kind of person who believes he's superior to any living breathing human being. Also, mister Tomuta as a Nokia employee should keep his arrogance at home, where it belongs and not on the NOKIA(not Tomuta) forum. Mister Lucian Tomuta should instead of mocking people, be helping people get their problems solved, and when necessary(when he's got no idea on the subject at hand), keep his mouth shut.

Mister Tomuta, I promise you this: I will publish posts about you and your company's policies daily if I have to until everyone realizes what a piece of human garbage you are.

By the way I am romanian too, and you sir are the worst kind, the kind that thinks he's superior because "Look Ma' I got hired at Nokia!"

You can read the post on techmobility.blogspot.com

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Is it now cheaper to publish sis files to OVI?

Hi javachris,

I'm not sure what triggered you anger and which thread am I supposed to have closed. I've been away from this DiBo for quite some time (about 7 weeks at least, with brief visits every now and then but no time for any moderation). It is true though, I did close some threads on these forums along the time, and I will close some more in the future.

If there is a particular thread you wish to talk about, post the link here and we can see what to story is all about. Other than that, enjoy your stay on this forum and may it be fruitful.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Quote Originally Posted by javachris View Post
    Offtopic:
    I just wanted to ask mister Tomuta if closing threads that bother him on this forum is his personal practice or it's something Nokia instructs him and other employees to do?
    I'm the adminstrator of the forums and I am the only one that closes threads. In this forum only one thread has been closed, I did it, and it was at the request of several users. I have deleted some threads that were not relevant to Ovi or to device development. Lucian moved one posts out of this forum this year, he did not close any and did not delete any.

Mister Tomuta, I promise you this: I will publish posts about you and your company's policies daily if I have to until everyone realizes what a piece of human garbage you are.
    at Nokia!"
    I don't think you will find a nicer person than Lucian, I have no idea what you are referring too.

If you have any threads that you found to be offensive, if you have any messages where Lucian was not professional please send those URI's to me in a private mail and I will take that up with Lucian and his director.

I looked at your blog and did not see anything by Lucain there, perhaps you have him confused with someone else.

Ron

Hello Nokia Ron,

I was talking about this thread:

http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...kia-5800-maemo

where Mr. Tomuta's reply from 2009-10-20 15:08 is not just disrespectful, but plain defiant. I too work for an IT company and we treat our customers with the utmost respect, even when they ask stupid questions. I am astonished by the fact that a mammoth company like Nokia tolerates this kind of behavior from it's employees. You didn't find any post on my blog because I didn't wrote them, yet. But be sure that I will.

The way Mr. Tomuta thrashed builtofire, and defined the purpose of this forum is so romanian of him to do. And yes, being a nice guy to people he considers as equals and acting all superior with those he considers inferiors is also the romanian way.

@ltomuta What is your problem with people discussing other things than what you think are appropriate here? Did anyone on the above mentioned thread offend you in any way?

Here is a quote from your post:
    "We're not discussing here about what the perfect device should look like, what OS should have to go well with the right fanboys group nor do we talk about hacking Maemo on Symbian devices, Windows on Maemo devices and then, to complete the loop, Symbian on PC. We simply don't care about things like that and let Nokia decide what products are needed on the market."

You were right one thing though : you just don't care. Nokia doesn't care.

P.S. I am a romanian too.

Posts moved to new thread, in a more appropriate location.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

So you registered circa 1 month ago, then dug out a single thread which happened almost 1 year ago, and posted complaints about it into the Ovi board (???). And now Lucian is evil, and you are the good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    So you registered circa 1 month ago, then dug out a single thread which happened almost 1 year ago, and posted complaints about it into the Ovi board (???).
    Yes I did. What's my forum joining date have to do with this issue? Being around for longer gives you an edge over me? I doesn't seem so. See, this is exactly what I'm talking about. Forum champions and experts with an attitude. That's why Nokia's going down boys, slowly but steady. Oh I forgot, you're the other bad apple from that thread. You're actually worse than ltomuta. Your're the "do you change the OS on your washing machine or microwave oven?" guy. I wanted to answer to your question on that thread, but was already closed, so here it goes:YES if it was called a smart oven or a smart washing machine with an advertised program store. I would want my smart washing machine to learn more programs and be more efficient. I would want my smart oven to learn to heat my food better.
    My point is this: if you guys, who are at the bottom of the food chain, have this kind of attitude, I can only imagine the arrogance of those on top.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    And now Lucian is evil, and you are the good guy.
    You don't get it do you. It's not about good guys or bad guys. It's about people and people. You should put yourself in your customer's shoes and see if you like your own answers. But then again, with an ego that big you probably would.

I could also need some abusive language directed towards me , surely if you search my 7 years track record you'll find plenty of things to complain.

Anyway, why are you so hostile ? and why you feel that based on one writing which the person written to didn't seem to matter, you think you should start making a hate campaing against our most helpful members here ?

Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    I could also need some abusive language directed towards me , surely if you search my 7 years track record you'll find plenty of things to complain.

Anyway, why are you so hostile ? and why you feel that based on one writing which the person written to didn't seem to matter, you think you should start making a hate campaing against our most helpful members here ?
    I'm not hostile, I'm realistic. And it's not about what one person wrote, in the thread that I posted as an example both ltomuta and wizard_hu_ bashed the poor user. I simply did not expect this kind of behavior from such a respected company as Nokia. I initially started writing about ltomuta because I know for sure he's a Nokia employee, hence the official representative in front of the customers posting here.

It's not a hate campaign, it's an awakening campaign. You can't expect to treat people like that while on the job an get away with it? And it doesn't matter how helpful one is, if one steps over the line the harm is done.

I'm not o a personal vendetta against anybody, I'm just speaking for those who take this kind of thing up the tail pipe and don't have the guts to say anything.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by javachris View Post
    I'm not hostile, I'm realistic.
    Are you saying that calling someone "human garbage" (from your original post) is not hostile? A derogatory personal insult like that seems very hostile to me (and apparently to some others to given the replies in this thread). And as a self-appointed speaker for others that you claim "don't have the guts to say anything" doesn't seem very polite to me, either. If you want to instigate a change in attitude, then you'll probably achieve better results with less of an attitude/ego/insults in your own postings. I'm sure nobody is against constructive criticism, and we're all human and make mistakes, but insults and theats are not a way that leads to a postive outcome.

My 2 cents:

The members of this Forum that you are accusing of at a very personal level (which is completely wrong) have been helping around developers tirelessly for a long time. I dont recall any incident where they have been accused of at this level. Even on your crusade to malign the members, you have found yourself alone which only affirms that nobody except you feels this way.

As far as the thread that you refer, it was completely un-called for to be posted in this Forum whose focus is only on third party application developers and issues faced in the process. I can understand a feedback or constructive criticism which is always welcome by all the members. But a personal level attack is unfair, unjust and highly deplorable.

I suspect that javachris, like others before him, doesn't fully understand Forum Nokia's role, as well as the areas covered by this particular discussion board. Forum Nokia is not a forum for discussion everything Nokia related. We are a developer ecosystem organisation, providing resources and support for 3rd party developers interested in creating applications or content for Nokia supported platforms and devices. This board is provided for discussions about the provided resources and/or anything in this area of interest. There are also several things we don't support, either because there are better resources for them (like http://www.nokia.com/discussions for end-user discussions) or because they are against Nokia's policies and interests (cracking, unlocking, modding ...).

That being said, we also have to factor in that 3rd party developers (and Forum Nokia in working with them) only becomes involved with Nokia phone products once they are releases, at the end of a very long (years) development cycle. Taking the example of the Nokia 5800, by the time developers know about it, a change of the OS, one direction or the other, is out of the question. As are hardware changes and very deep and complicated OS architecture change requests.

Take now the content of that closed thread, put it in the above context and see if the quote still makes you angry. Yes, quite possibly that discussion could have been handled better, despite of it being misplaced on this site. And yes, I was suspecting that you are referring to that thread from your very first post, I just could't imagine it triggering your rant after all that time. Interesting ...

Finally, we are a community and yes, we discuss freely about many things not necessarily strictly connected to an API or another. But before jumping into asking off topic or ranting, it is preferable that the person in question builds itself a reputation in the community as well. If nothing else that would give one the chance of knowing people/rules better and would increase the chance of the others not dismissing it. Take it as an advice, it will be useful you here and other [mobile] forums as well.
    -- Lucian

Quote Originally Posted by petrib View Post
    Are you saying that calling someone "human garbage" (from your original post) is not hostile? A derogatory personal insult like that seems very hostile to me (and apparently to some others to given the replies in this thread). And as a self-appointed speaker for others that you claim "don't have the guts to say anything" doesn't seem very polite to me, either. If you want to instigate a change in attitude, then you'll probably achieve better results with less of an attitude/ego/insults in your own postings. I'm sure nobody is against constructive criticism, and we're all human and make mistakes, but insults and theats are not a way that leads to a postive outcome.
    I may have been a little harsh in my original post but that doesn't change the facts. No offence, but it looks to me like no criticism or suggestions will change the attitude of the people on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Symbian_Neil View Post
    My 2 cents:

The members of this Forum that you are accusing of at a very personal level (which is completely wrong) have been helping around developers tirelessly for a long time. I dont recall any incident where they have been accused of at this level. Even on your crusade to malign the members, you have found yourself alone which only affirms that nobody except you feels this way.

As far as the thread that you refer, it was completely un-called for to be posted in this Forum whose focus is only on third party application developers and issues faced in the process. I can understand a feedback or constructive criticism which is always welcome by all the members. But a personal level attack is unfair, unjust and highly deplorable.
    I don't think it's wrong to accuse one member. I already explained why I accused ltomuta, because he's the only one that I know for a fact works for Nokia, so he's the official representative of Nokia here. The rest of you guys, I don't know. If you're not working for Nokia, you can have you own opinions and be as sarcastic as you want. But a Nokia official cannot.

As fo me being alone on this crusade, it may look that way, but did you ever consider that people don't care enough about this kind of thing, so nobody bothers to say anything?

So again I was not attacking just one person, but the official Nokia position on that thread. And as far as the goal of this forum goes, if the thread was not appropriate, you guys could have just closed it straight up instead of acting all god-ish with the users.

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    I suspect that javachris, like others before him, doesn't fully understand Forum Nokia's role, as well as the areas covered by this particular discussion board. Forum Nokia is not a forum for discussion everything Nokia related. We are a developer ecosystem organisation, providing resources and support for 3rd party developers interested in creating applications or content for Nokia supported platforms and devices. This board is provided for discussions about the provided resources and/or anything in this area of interest. There are also several things we don't support, either because there are better resources for them (like http://www.nokia.com/discussions for end-user discussions) or because they are against Nokia's policies and interests (cracking, unlocking, modding ...).

That being said, we also have to factor in that 3rd party developers (and Forum Nokia in working with them) only becomes involved with Nokia phone products once they are releases, at the end of a very long (years) development cycle. Taking the example of the Nokia 5800, by the time developers know about it, a change of the OS, one direction or the other, is out of the question. As are hardware changes and very deep and complicated OS architecture change requests.

Take now the content of that closed thread, put it in the above context and see if the quote still makes you angry. Yes, quite possibly that discussion could have been handled better, despite of it being misplaced on this site. And yes, I was suspecting that you are referring to that thread from your very first post, I just could't imagine it triggering your rant after all that time. Interesting ...

Finally, we are a community and yes, we discuss freely about many things not necessarily strictly connected to an API or another. But before jumping into asking off topic or ranting, it is preferable that the person in question builds itself a reputation in the community as well. If nothing else that would give one the chance of knowing people/rules better and would increase the chance of the others not dismissing it. Take it as an advice, it will be useful you here and other [mobile] forums as well.
    How nice of you to finally put some thinking into your posting.

As I already responded to Symbian_Neil, if you did not think the thread was appropriate for this forum, you should have deleted it from the very beginning. If you wanted to tolerate the thread, but did not agree with what was written there, you could have left the thread to die on it's own, not replying that is.

It doesn't matter when that thread happened, it matters that it did happen and it should not happen again, that is all you need to understand. What's so interesting about it?

I do not care to build myself a reputation on this forum where the people who are supposed to help the posters act like that. I do contribute to other forums, mobile and others, and believe me, the moding community is far more civilized than the Nokia community.

This kind of attitude is why you're losing Symbian developers. Take a look at the Android forums or the Apple community, or even the Nokia moding community for that matter, you may learn something.