Discussion Board

Question How to do pinch zoom in Symbian^3 SDK

Hi,

I'm trying to wrap my head around using multi touch to implement pinch zoom.

There is a tutorial on developer.symbian.org website:
    http://developer.symbian.org/main/do...1-EBECE66D92F6

It says there that we should first do enable EnableAdvancedPointers(); on out RWindow object. It also says to do that before it is activated. If I want to have advanced pointer events in my window owning CCoeControl (that calls CreateWindowL) where would I put this call in order to have it before RWindow::Activate is called by the framework?

I tried doing this in my ConstructL but got KERN-EXEC3 when it hit my Window().EnableAdvancedPointers();

The in the tutorial there is a section on how to do pinch zoom. In that example there is a function 'GetNextPointerEvent();' getting called but that function is not shown and I could not find it documented anywhere in the SDK. My question is how do I get several pointer events? Do they come one after another to my regular HandlePointerEventL? Or is there some helper functions I should use.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
    Henrik

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: How to do pinch zoom in Symbian^3 SDK

One of Window() and BackedUpWindow() is always NULL. Get DrawableWindow() instead (RDrawableWindow is the base class).

Thank wizard_hu. Got the advanced pointer event now in my HandlePointerEventL great!

Do you have any idea how multiple pointerevents are received when using multi touch?

Theoretically the emulator of Symbian^3 SDK supports multi-touch, check its documentation. Having it enabled, you could simply try what events you get.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    Theoretically the emulator of Symbian^3 SDK supports multi-touch, check its documentation. Having it enabled, you could simply try what events you get.
    But you need to use two mice (one mouse is not enough).

Hahh, just found in the on-line library: http://library.forum.nokia.com/index...03F77C548.html - the requirement for two mice is mentioned in the second sentence. (Side note: in certain/all browsers opening the link for the first time will not work, and you will end up at http://library.forum.nokia.com - in this case close the given tab, and open the link once more, then it will work)

Thanks guys.

I'm currently testing this and will probably do a wiki article regarding this topic since there is very little documentation and examples on how to do multi touch on Symbian^3.