Discussion Board

Use Sim Service Set or Sms Service set for SMS access

Hi all,
    after my initial wchar problems running the D211 under WinCE, I have created a small Java application which is capable of reading SMS etc.
    Now I got a question concerning deletion of Sms and how to get the right status of a sms.

I have used the methods of the Sms Service Set in order to Enum, Read, the Sms I received with my iPaq. Finally I want to mark a Sms deleted. But nothing happens to the status of the sms. pSms->Status is '2' (SMS_NEW). When I explicitly set it to processed status using Req_Sms_Processed(hIpc, index) it get the status '10' SMS_NEW | SMS_PROCESSED. But How do I set the SMS_DELETED flag to the SMS exlicitly in order to skip it during my enumeration function ?

Do I need to mix up my calls with the ones provided in the Sim Service Set?

Thanks for your help,
    Michael Kroll

if it is new.

Sorry, the last sentence should not be posted and ignored !

Thx.

Where is the deletion flag of the SMS Application stored

Hi,

what I additionally want to know is, where does the D211 SMS Application store the "deleted" flag if onw SMS is deleted? Currently the NokiaD211 Sms App shows no SMSs in the Inbox, but my app tells me, that there are 15 SMSs with Status SMS_NEW | SMS_PROCESSED ! How can I achive it, that my app can set SMSs deleted and no longer show it to the user as the SMS app developed by Nokia does?

How can I supress the "New Sms Received" Bubble from the Software. Perhaps there is a way to run the Card without those notifications.

Thanks very much for help.

Regular Contributor
    The answer to your first question is that you don't have to mark an SMS as deleted. The SMS_PROCESSED means that the SMS has been processed and can be overwritten in the storage file. So, in that sense it has the same meaning as SMS_DELETED.

The answer to your second question is that the SMS status is stored in the SMS storage file (storage.sms). There are 15 slots for SMS messages in the storage file. Every new message is put into the next free slot. If there are no more free slots, the first processed SMS is replaced with the new one.

Unfortunately the "New SMS received" bubble can't be suppressed.

See also the other questions in this forum regarding SMS and storage.sms file.

Best Regards,

Nokia D211 Support