Discussion Board

[moved] Unable to execute file for security reasons

Hi All,

I have installed an application on my N95 8GB mobile which features some SMS Operations like intercepting an incoming SMS and creating a fake local SMS in to inbox, deleting inbox entries etc. the application has installed fine but when i am trying to open this app, i am getting "Unable to execute for security reasons" message on my phone.

I have self-signed app using carbide c++ self signing process as shown in "How to Self-sign a .sis file with carbide"
    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...gn_Certificate

In my pkg file, the capabilities of the app are ReadUserData NetworkServices WriteUserData LocalServices. correct me if i am wrong they come under Self-siginging criteria?

the UID of my app which is created by carbide is UID 0x100039CE 0xEFBE87AD

I have left the pkg file source paths as it is coz i am not sure of manipulating them,
    ;<source> <destination>
    "$(EPOCROOT)Epoc32\release\$(PLATFORM)\$(TARGET)\SmsOperations_0xEFBE87AD.exe" -"!:\sys\bin\SmsOperations_0xEFBE87AD.exe"
    "$(EPOCROOT)Epoc32\data\z\resource\apps\SmsOperations_0xEFBE87AD.rsc" -"!:\resource\apps\SmsOperations_0xEFBE87AD.rsc"
    "$(EPOCROOT)Epoc32\data\z\private\10003a3f\apps\SmsOperations_0xEFBE87AD_reg.rsc" -"!:\private\10003a3f\import\apps\SmsOperations_0xEFBE87AD_reg.rsc"
    "$(EPOCROOT)Epoc32\data\z\resource\apps\SmsOperations_0xEFBE87AD.mif" -"!:\resource\apps\SmsOperations_0xEFBE87AD.mif"
    "..\help\SmsOperations_0xEFBE87AD.hlp" -"!:\resource\help\SmsOperations_0xEFBE87AD.hlp"

Do u think i should change them inorder to make it work for target device build..?

I am really confused where i have gone wrong which is ending me with an installed app which is not running on mobile..

Thanks in advance for your suggestions..

Regular Contributor

Re: Unable to execute file for security reasons

Probably you are missing some capability or you can try to sign it using the command line signsis.

Re: Unable to execute file for security reasons

Thanks for you reply nmnir3..

I changed my pkg file to reflect the source paths n followed the makesis commands at cmd prompt..

once i got the sis file, i got it signed at symbiansigned..

the app is installed in mob now and working fine..

Thanks..