Discussion Board

Qt application doesn't install on the N8

Hi,

Im using the QT SDK 1.0 to create the BatteryLever indicator example shown in the tool.

The app compiles and it's able to run on a N97 (on target debugging).

Then, I create the .sis file to install it on the N8 (as the on-target doesn't work here).
    First of all, I just create the standard .sis file without the Qt binaries. When, I try to install it in the N8, a message in the screen states: "Unable to install QT mobility version 1 needed".

Secondly, I create a wrapper SIS file that includes the application SIS and a "Smart installer" (which will download the binaries on the device if they are needed) using:

make installer_sis

This time, the file seems to install in the N8 and then it starts doing some other tasks ("Verifying components", "Reverting changes"..) and finally a "Device not supported" message closes the installation.

Unfortunately, I can not find the app anywhere. So it seems to me that the whole process didn't quite work yet.

Any ideas what could I be doing wrong?

Super Contributor

Re: Qt application doesn't install on the N8

Then, I create the .sis file to install it on the N8 (as the on-target doesn't work here).
    First of all, I just create the standard .sis file without the Qt binaries. When, I try to install it in the N8, a message in the screen states: "Unable to install QT mobility version 1 needed".

Secondly, I create a wrapper SIS file that includes the application SIS and a "Smart installer" (which will download the binaries on the device if they are needed) using:

make installer_sis
    Nokia N8 is NOKIA's first Symbian device which has inbuilt Qt Libraries installed.

Solution:

(1) Set auto time update on in your phone. (Which is very necessary which installing .sis in the phone.)

(2) If it does not work with first option then, Do restore full factory settings with *#7370#.After that again set the date and time correct.

I hope this will fix your problem.

Nokia Developer Champion

If you have installed Nokia Qt SDK then try to install Qt Mobility on Symbian device which is available in Nokia Qt SDK -> Symbian -> Inatall QtMobility to symbian device. This may work.

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by girishpadia View Post
    If you have installed Nokia Qt SDK then try to install Qt Mobility on Symbian device which is available in Nokia Qt SDK -> Symbian -> Inatall QtMobility to symbian device. This may work.
    N8 does had a built in support for the Qt so may be the differnt version of the qt mobility on the device and the one use to create a .sis fis file is creating a problem.
    Jajal Mehul

Nokia Developer Expert

Hello,
    the current Qt Mobility sis package that comes with the Nokia Qt SDK doesnt work on N8. There will be a sis package for the N8 soon.

:Rubén
    :Ruben

Hi,

N8 can't handle Qt Mobility APIs well. You need to wait for the finished S^3, because Qt components can't be updated. If you want to try your application on a phone, N97 could be perfect choice. Not so fast like the N8, but it's working.

Cheers