Discussion Board

Thread: checklib

Question checklib

Hi,

I'm trying to compile my project for Symbian^3 gcce urel (with the Nokia Symbian^3 SDK). I get most of my projects to compile ok except for the main one that keeps getting this error in the build:

checklib: error: couldn't open file.

Now it compiles and runs fine on the emulator. I've seen that this checklib should check for consistency of the new and delete operator since symbian employs it's own variants of those? How do I fix this error, is there some way to see which file it can't open?

Best regards,
    Henrik

Re: checklib

Hi,

I'm faceing the same problem in my project.
    Just checked the example from http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/Static_Library.
    It fails with the same result.
    Did anyone managed to link against custom build static library under Symbian^3 with gcce?

Thanks in advice,

I'm facing the same problem when compiling with the Symbian^3 SDK. I've built a static library and i'm trying to link to this static library in a project "SomeNewApp". When compiling "SomeNewApp", following is the error i get.

checklib: error: couldn't open file.
    make[1]: *** [\Nokia\devices\Nokia_Symbian3_SDK_v0.9\epoc32\release\gcce\urel\SomeNewApp.exe] Error 1
    make: *** [TARGETSOMENEWAPP] Error 2

Kindly help me resolve the problem. Thank you.

Hi,

It seems this SDK searches static libraries in incorrect folder.
    I have solved this problem by copying my static libraries (added by STATICLIBRARY keyword in mmp file) from "\Nokia_Symbian3_SDK_v0.9\epoc32\release\gcce\urel\" to "\Nokia_Symbian3_SDK_v0.9\epoc32\release\armv5\urel\" folder.

Andrii

Smile Re: checklib

thanks

now it is ok.
    Last edited by acca3; 2010-12-07 at 07:35.