Discussion Board

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How to get Qt Mobility working for Symbian on Nokia Qt SDK in Windows 7 64 bit?

(First of all I would like to apologies for creating this thread when there are similar existing ones, but I have a feeling that the issue I'm having could be related to Windows 7 64 bit, so I thought a new thread would be good.)

My problem is that while Qt Mobility works with Maemo and Qt Simulator using Qt Creator (2.0.0), it doesn't work with Symbian. It simply doesn't find the libraries. I've tried to using some code examples directly, but the result is always the same.

I'm using the newest Nokia Qt SDK with the latest updates on my Windows 7 64 bit computer. I've tried with two different computers running the same operating system. Both have the same result.

For the record, I've just installed Nokia Qt SDK with all the updates. I haven't done any additional installations for Qt Mobility. Many Wiki pages point to Setting up environment for Qt Mobility API, but I'm under the impression that this is no longer needed for Nokia Qt SDK. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Would someone please help me get Qt Mobility working on Symbian. It would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: How to get Qt Mobility working for Symbian on Nokia Qt SDK in Windows 7 64 bit?

Do you have Qt Mobility libraries installed on your test phone?

Re: How to get Qt Mobility working for Symbian on Nokia Qt SDK in Windows 7 64 bit?

Quote Originally Posted by divanov View Post
    Do you have Qt Mobility libraries installed on your test phone?
    I don't have a Symbian test phone yet. I'm just trying to build the package, so that I can use it in Remote Device Access. But it won't even build it, as it will stop with Qt Mobility errors. It simply doesn't recognise it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasler View Post
    I don't have a Symbian test phone yet. I'm just trying to build the package, so that I can use it in Remote Device Access. But it won't even build it, as it will stop with Qt Mobility errors. It simply doesn't recognise it.
    Ok, can we see these errors?

Ok, can we see these errors?
    Well even adding the following line will give an error in Qt Creator (brownish underline, that is):

Code:
    using namespace QtMobility;
    The error is:

expected namespace
    Or when I try to add some libraries like:

Code:
    #include <QSystemDeviceInfo>
    I get:

QSystemDeviceInfo: not such file or directory
    And yes, I do have the following in the .pro file:

Code:
    CONFIG += mobility
    MOBILITY += bearer \
        systeminfo
    As for the errors when I try to build it, they are all similar:

undefined reference to 'QtMobility::Qt...

Could you search your hard drive(s) for file with name QSystemDeviceInfo.

Could you search your hard drive(s) for file with name QSystemDeviceInfo.
    I found it in 3 different locations:

C:\NokiaQtSDK\Simulator\QtMobility\mingw\include\QtSystemInfo\
    C:\NokiaQtSDK\Maemo\4.6.2\sysroots\fremantle-arm-sysroot-1030-slim\usr\include\QtSystemInfo\
    C:\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\include\middleware\

Thus, it's available for Symbian target.

Thus, it's available for Symbian target.
    Yeah, but it doesn't work.

Nokia Developer Champion

What about qsysteminfo.h?

Nokia Developer Champion

Are the errors during build coming out of the compile steps or the link steps?

Just want to tell Sasler that i have exactly the same errors and same wondering with Xp.

Quote Originally Posted by danhicksbyron View Post
    What about qsysteminfo.h?
    Yes, they are there. Same places.

Quote Originally Posted by pkarpion View Post
    Just want to tell Sasler that i have exactly the same errors and same wondering with Xp.
    Well this is very odd, but in my laptop it started working now! I'm not sure what I did and I think I did exactly the same things with my other computer. Anyway, this is what I THINK I did: I uninstalled Nokia Qt SDK, then I manually deleted all the remaining files and folders, including the ones in AppData. I also deleted all the existing Qt folders I had previously installed. I need to try this again an my other computer when I get the time and I'll post more info.

Thanks to all for your help

Check what building target you have. (I was also glad until I noticed that it worked right only with simulator.)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast