Discussion Board

Qt Mobility with Qt Creator - QTSDK-98 doesn't fix it for me

Hi there, sorry to be asking so many questions.

I have the problem reported by many others - that Qt Mobility code isn't recognised by Qt Creator, and gets green wavy lines under it in the editor (although I can still build and deploy without problems). The warnings only display if deploy to Symbian Device is selected - there's no problem if the simulator is selected.

I tried the fix described in http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTSDK-98, but it didn't make a difference. I also tried a clean install of the Nokia Qt SDK 1.0 .

If I go to Tools -> Options, there is nothing under "S60 SDKs", although the file mobility.prf exists in NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\mkspecs . Could this be the problem?

Thank you!

Peter.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Qt Mobility with Qt Creator - QTSDK-98 doesn't fix it for me

Quote Originally Posted by pzman View Post
    If I go to Tools -> Options, there is nothing under "S60 SDKs", although the file mobility.prf exists in NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\mkspecs . Could this be the problem?

Thank you!

Peter.
    Hi,

S60 SDK will shows all the SDK that you had installed into your PC. So that is not really the problem for you as I had tried to used Nokia Qt SDK without any SDK in a PC.

Have you update the Mobility as it has been shown that for some user updateing had solve the issue.
    Jajal Mehul

Re: Qt Mobility with Qt Creator - QTSDK-98 doesn't fix it for me

Thanks for your fast reply, I've clicked Help -> Start Updater from within Qt Mobility. It shows no available updates.

The reason for using Qt Mobility was to prevent my app from asking the user to choose an access point every time it performs an HTTP request. I've just read that on that my S60 3.1 device, I am going to manually have to present the user with a list of available access points (http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...int-as-default). I can't understand how something so simple as persisting an internet connection can be so complicated!