Discussion Board

Accessing Log(packet data counter/call log) application of phone in j2me application

Hello friends,
    I somehow need the information stored in the Log application of the phone.I need to get the number of bytes stored by the Packet Data counter in the Log Menu of the phone. Is this possible to access from the j2me application using any API. Actually I want the bytes of data used by my application. Since i don't have idea about this i thought to get the access of packet data counter and subtract the initial value from the final value and thus get the number of bytes used by my application during that session. I would be thankful if I get some code snippet to get the overview or any reference document/Link. I have searched for so long and finally decided to post my problem here..Thanks for the reply(Help)..

Super Contributor

Re: Accessing Log(packet data counter/call log) application of phone in j2me applica

Quote Originally Posted by Vral View Post
    Hello friends,
    I somehow need the information stored in the Log application of the phone.I need to get the number of bytes stored by the Packet Data counter in the Log Menu of the phone. Is this possible to access from the j2me application using any API. Actually I want the bytes of data used by my application. Since i don't have idea about this i thought to get the access of packet data counter and subtract the initial value from the final value and thus get the number of bytes used by my application during that session. I would be thankful if I get some code snippet to get the overview or any reference document/Link. I have searched for so long and finally decided to post my problem here..Thanks for the reply(Help)..
    Hi,
    In J2ME there is no API present which has access to the call log.........

You have try in Symbian C++....

Re: Accessing Log(packet data counter/call log) application of phone in j2me applica

Thanks Rahul,
    I was watching this thread.
    Further i would like to know is there any way to read the data usage by application in J2ME ?

Super Contributor

Thanks Rahul,
    I was watching this thread.
    Further i would like to know is there any way to read the data usage by application in J2ME ?
    See this :
    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...eam_in_Java_ME