Discussion Board

What do items in the right side of emulator mean?

I just began to do some java program on nokia mobile phone and installed nokia 6131 NFC sdk in my computer. I wonder what the items in virtual tags and virtual smart cards on the emulator mean, and which do i need to use to simulate what? Another question: Now i have a real card reader device, and I want to emulate using a nokia 6131 phone to place over the card reader and deduct value from the Mifare card in the emulator, how should we do?

Re: What do items in the right side of emulator mean?

Hallo,

Quote Originally Posted by keblues View Post
    I wonder what the items in virtual tags and virtual smart cards on the emulator mean, and which do i need to use to simulate what?
    Virtual tags are contactless chipcards with (simple) data storage capabilities. They can be Mifare 1K, Mifare 4K or Mifare Ultralight (more tag types exist, like NFC Forum Tag Types 1-4, but they don't seem to be selectable in the emulator). Usually you use these tags to store data in the NDEF (NFC Data Exchange Format) or to emulate Mifare Classic cards.

Virtual smart cards are contactless smartcards with processing capabilities. This means that they can contain applications that communicate with the "outside world" through APDU command/response pairs.

Quote Originally Posted by keblues View Post
    Another question: Now i have a real card reader device, and I want to emulate using a nokia 6131 phone to place over the card reader and deduct value from the Mifare card in the emulator, how should we do?
    With the emulator you can run your MIDlet and then select your virtual Mifare card from the list (right click on the card and choose "Attach ..."). Then your virtual card is attached to your virtual phone (that is emulated to the MIDlet). This way the MIDlet sees the tag as attached to the phone. Instead of a virtual card you can also connect a real card reader that reads a real smartcard/tag.

br,
    Michael