Discussion Board

Super Contributor

Please help implementing WTLS

Posted by fuji makazu, fujimakazu@onebox.com
    on April 14, 2002 at 11:17

Here is the problem I'm facing.

Objective:
    ==========
    To run the wap application securely on Nokia 7110/3330, just to implement WTLS not TSL

Environment:
    ===========
    MS Windows 2000 Server

WAP Gateway Tools:
    =================
    Nokia Activ 2.1
    Nokia Activ Security

Description
    ===========
    1. Created a 'certificate signing request' from the Nokia cert Tool.
    2. Applied for a free WTLS certificate from verisign.
    3. Got the server cert and CA cert from verysign.
    4. Went to the 'install' option of the nokia cert tool
    5. gave the files for both server and CA certs.
    6. Now it asks for a private key.
    7. I gave the key created by the cert tool in step 1
    8. Cert tool gives the error that "private key file does not contain a valid RSA private key"

What's the problem here or is there any other way around the problem?
    Secondly what is the next course of action after I am able to install the cert with your help, should I create a wml page to download the cert on to the nokia mobile set as in

<card id="CaRoot" title="Entrust.net Root">
    <do type="prev" label="back">
    <prev/>
    </do>
    <p>
    Import Entrust.net root certificate:<br/>
    <small>(requires Nokia 7110/7190)
    </small><br/>
    <small>-
    <a href="http://myhost/EntrustRoot.cer">
    CA Root</a></small><br/>
    </p>
    <p align="right">
    <small> 2000 Entrust, Inc.
    </small>
    </p>
    </card>

Thirdly do I need to do anything with the file servlet of NACS.

Please I would really appreciate if someone can give me correct sequence of steps that should be taken to implement WTLS.

Super Contributor

RE: Please help implementing WTLS

Posted by vivek anand, cvivekanand@rediffmail.com
    on April 15, 2002 at 09:14

Installing a WAP Server Certificate for Nokia

1. Starting the Nokia WAP Server Certificate Tool From the Start menu, select Programs -> Nokia WAP Server -> Nokia WAP Server Certificate Tool to start managing the Nokia WAP Server certificates. The Certificate Tool dialog opens where you can select what you want the program to do.

2. Click Install to install a server certificate signed by VeriSign In the Certificate Tool dialog, click Install to install a server certificate signed by VeriSign and the corresponding VeriSign CA certificate. This opens the Install Signed Server Certificate dialog where you can type the file names of the server certificate and the corresponding CA certificate.

3. Complete the Install Signed Server Certificate Dialog
    Click the upper Browse button to open the Open File dialog, where you can select the correct server certificate file.
    Click the lower Browse button to open the Open File dialog, where you can select the CA certificate file corresponding to the selected server certificate.
    Next, click Install to install the certificate pair and to close the dialog.
    Clicking Install copies both files to the certificate directory \data\cert and modifies the WAP stack server certificate configuration file certific.cnf so that the installed server certificate will be used by default. The program also creates the WAP Stack WTLS setting indicating the location of the file certific.cnf if the setting does not exist yet. However, before the selected server certificate is brought into use, the program checks if the corresponding private key file exists in the server. If the private key file is not found, a Select Private Key File dialog opens where all the private key files created for certificate signing requests are listed.

Next, you must select the key file that corresponds to the server certificate. The server certificate file name is changed so that its base file name will be the same as that of the private key file.