Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Uploading Qt application to OVI

Hello All,

The Qt application that we submitted to the OVI store couldn't pass the QA, the issue that they rejected it for was as follows:

ISSUE: Description for Qt Smart Installer content requires additional information.

SUMMARY: Items utilizing the Qt SmartInstaller requires an additional disclaimer in the description.

CORRECTIVE ACTIONS: Please add the disclaimer below to the beginning of the metadata description informing users that additional downloads may be required. Note: The disclaimer is also needed for all translations of the description. Where we have not provided a translation of the disclaimer for a particular language, please add the English disclaimer to that translation.

We later included a disclaimer (which said- This item may require a one-time download of components as large as 13 MB. Use of WLAN is recommended.), and it does get displayed during installation before downloading any component. (i.e. in SmartInstaller)

But it failed the OVI store QA for the same issue again.
    Could someone help us with this? What metadata info are they expecting and where should it be included.

Thanks

Re: Uploading Qt application to OVI

You need to add the disclaimer to the application description in OVI rather than display from the smartinstaller pkg.

see here for an example (X6, N97 mini or N8 only, these are the only devices OVI allow for Qt apps)

http://store.ovi.com/content/51689

This is so it can be seen before purchase, rather than during download.

Here is an example

RGB Calculator

by: CAMTEK

Utilities - 0.05 MB

This handy utility is for web designers and phone application developers to help select colours. Using the sliders the amount of primary colours red, green and blue can be adjusted and the resulting colour mixes displayed. The value for each colour (0 to 255) is displayed along with the combined colour value in hexadecimal. This item may require a one-time download of components as large as 12.3 MB. Use of WLAN is recommended.
    Last edited by jscurtis; 2010-09-21 at 08:09.

Regular Contributor

Re: Uploading Qt application to OVI

Thanks a ton for clarifying it
    Last edited by RS3; 2010-09-21 at 05:16. Reason: Found the content i was looking for in ovi