Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Error in using Google geo-coding API

I am creating a application which takes address from user and want to know the Longitude/latitude of addressed location. I am using Google Geocoding API to get the details. It works perfectly in FlashLite 2.1 when executed in authoring environment and i get the XML with geodata.

But when I run the application on Nokia 5800, it gives error and XML is loaded with success being false. Has anyone used Google geocoding and faced the same problem?

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Error in using Google geo-coding API

Hi sangramp@cybage.com,
    I worked with these APIs in one of my sample for Flash Lite 4 and your issue seems to be a security sandbox issue :
    1- Make sure your publish settings are "Access Network Only" .
    2- Try running the content from trusted folder i.e 'E:\others\trusted\mycontent.swf"
    If it doesnt help then please, let us know.

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft

Regular Contributor

Thanks Saji.
    I already had published the file for "Access Network Only". But I did not feel it is necessary to put the file under trusted folder. Its working fine when running from trusted folder but I don't understand why is so. I am not using both localhost and network connections and neither any platform services.
    By the way, thanks otherwise I won't have tried that way :-)

Nokia Developer Champion

Hi sangramp,tt
    Your most welcome
    Its working fine when running from trusted folder but I don't understand why is so
    Yeah thats why i say trusted folder is a magic folder and it avoid security sandbox issues . Try investigating yourself what is the actual reason behind its fail by experimenting from simple to complex . But i think u r almost done because the private folder (i.e !:\private\<your_stub_UID>\here.swf) of Flash Lite stub also acts as a trusted folder for your swf and it can also save u from such issues. Just dont forget to add NetworkServices Capabilty to your compiled stub by editing mmp file if compiling from Carbide C++. So, for testing u can use trusted folder and for distribution u can use private folder. Hope it helps.

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft